Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

low progesterone..

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

So after we went back for our 2ND ultrasound and saw the little baby and heartbeat :-) which relieved me! The Dr wanted to do little more blood work and my progesterone came back low so he put me on a supplement medication (which having pcos I have never had this problem and with my 1st preg my levels was always normal) well a few hours after leaving the Dr I started spotting I went to the er because the Dr was closed they said my hcg was good and did a pelvic exam and said my cervix was closed but he saw a small amount of blood did some lab tests and said I had a UTI.. well the next day I called the Dr to update him and he said to rest and keep my feet up for a few days (I have an 11 month old so that's not to easy) well to day the spotting seems to be a little more so I called the Dr again and he said to take extra supplement pill today and continue to rest I get my blood work redone Fri. He said something about if progesterone is low it can "irritate" the uterus and cause some bleeding which can also lead to miscarry :-( my question is has anyone had this or any advice? I am so worried now!

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NaniMami317
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:55 PM

I hope all goes well for you. My progesterone was low with baby #1 who is 4 now but she was 5 weeks early. Its still low with baby #2. But at 16 weeks my docs opted to have me receive progesterone shots once a week in the bottom. Without these shots I too could have lost my baby. I will have to continue getting these shots until Im 37 weeks(im currently 32)when baby will be considered full term 

angevil53
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:19 PM

i had a very progesterone level of 3.9, i went on supplements and that day i spotted a little. the dr thought for sure i was going to m/c but offered hope with the pills. they worked and i'm 27w now, we saw a hb at 6w4d and were all surprised bc my levels were so low. but if your hcg is doubling a little bleeding isn't a problem.

giroirk
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:51 PM
With my second I was spotting and had low progesterone. I took a pill for 3 months and now have a healthy 3 year old:) Good Luck!!! And I'm sending sticky baby dust too you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:26 AM

hugsI have no advice, but sending you comforting hugs

Mrs.Morgan
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:10 AM

I have not here's a bump I have heard of some ladies that have had this and been put on the shots and have gone on to have their baby's hope everything goes good for you

sunnymommy122
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Hm, if your progesterone is low can't they give you shots?  I have heard of women getting shots to increase their progesterone level.  Good luck!

skerr13
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:28 PM

I had this with my first. I had found out I was pregnant with an at home test about 3 days before and hadn't seen the doctor yet. So while I was at work one day I started bleeding heavily and thought I was going to miscarry...went to the doctor and my levels were low and they put me on meds for it and told me to rest and I took the meds for the first trimester and after that had a normal pregnancy and carried baby to term! 

mommy2blessings
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Thank you all for you response! I am still spotting today is the 4th day :-( it is really worrying me! I go in the morn for more blood work to see if my levels are going up and I am trying to rest as much as possible but with an 11 month old it isn't 2 easy!

Momy2beAUG.2009
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:01 PM

With my second pregnancy at 5 weeks I started spotting and got my levels checked they were very low so I was immediately started on a progesterone shot. But sadly it was to late for my little bean. With my next pregnancy as soon as I got my positive HPT I got my levels checked and once again and my progesterone was only 6. I was immediately started on a progesterone suppository and am due to have my baby in less than 5 weeks so I would say your odds are good that you caughter it early espescially if you saw a heartbeat. Good luck

mommy2blessings
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Got the blood work done today and my progesterone is now in normal range the Dr wants me to continue the medication tho. He also checked my HCG again and said they have went up 9000 since Monday they are around 42000 he said is good but should be higher so gonna recheck on Tues. I really wish everything would get where it needs to be and stay!! I am worrying myself to death :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)