• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ROOKIE MOM NEED HELP <3 please and thanx :)

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello fellow mommies :)

Im 22 and i just found out last week that i am expecting! I haven't even been to the doctor yet! ( about 5 weeks along) This will be my 2nd child, i have a 2 yr old little boy already! I am having some pregnancy symptoms that i would like advice on! What do my pregnancy symptoms mean? any suggestions for relief? are they normal?

symptoms:

extreme fatigue

nausea and lack of appetite

gained 10 lbs in the past couple of weeks 

sore pain in both sides 

diarrhea 

severe back pain

ALSO my husband's little brother and sister are twins, and on my mothers side of the family she has an uncle that had twins. does this make it more likely for me to be pregnant with twins? and if there are any mommies willing to share stories i would more than appreciate it!!! 

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

<3 ROOKIE MOM 

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lovemybug0992
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:16 PM

weight gain is a little high but other then that it sounds fairly normal to me. Unfortunately the first trimester can really suck. Im not sure if your odds of having twins are higher though.

barhea7
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Sounds like normal pregnancy symptoms. i am pretty sure the twin thing is more likely if it runs on moms side

Congrats!

LadyV1981
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:21 PM

I had everything but the weight gain and diarrhea and Im having twins so who knows lol

Mom_to_Lincoln
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:22 PM

only fraternal twins are considered hereditary and it's only hereditary if your grandma, mom , aunt  or another another woman in your immediate family have had fraternal twins due to ovulating two eggs at once. Also you cant tell it's twins by your symptoms, size or your HCG levels because it's so different for everyone.

Juliet8115
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:26 PM

All are good signs of early pregnancy, except the weight gain is high, but it could be just an odd flux or you may be retaining water. Drink lots more water to help keep that regulated, and try to keep your salt intake down. Congratulations!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)