Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any moms have water birth stories???

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

I had a normal labor with my first child. But with baby #2 I've really been considering a water birth. Has any moms had a normal with one child and a water birth with another? How did your deliveries compare to each other??

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
GAMommy11
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:13 PM

hey! i dont have a story but im also considering a water birth too! can i add you as a friend on here to talk more about it?

NaniMami317
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:19 PM

sure

Elyssa414
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:19 PM
I haven't had one yet, but I'm going back to my homebirth midwife next week, and will be renting my tub and getting all ready (if I'm still pregnant- I've been fighting preterm labor since 22 weeks and in prodromal labor since 34... Next week I'll be full term!!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
airadan
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:22 PM

I loved what the water did for my discomfort! Its great at supporting your parineum if you can deliver in water. I thought it was amazing, if I have another child I'll be doing another water birth.  I would probably go with a pool though, my bathtub was a tight fit :)

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:49 PM

I have yet to deliver in water but I have labored in water. Even with laboring in the water they were all different. Some day I will get a water birth. I loved with my first it was a birthing pool. My second was a tub at the hospital. Just to small of a space. I could not get as comfortable as I wanted. My third I had at home and had a pool. I was so relaxed, that I just breathed through them, like I do every day breathing. It was amazing and will never labor without water.

Just everytime something come up. Had to get out to get the lip on my cervix gone. Then when I went to get back in the water was too hot. My midwife felt so bad she forgot to turn of the heater. Second had to have her at a hospital and they do not allow it. My third she was stuck on my pelvic bone. I needed to get out and move around. Once I got on the couch in a upright position. She came fast. no time to get in. But I did get in after I had her. That was really nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)