Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice about missing work for Doctors appointments..... Please Help!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:41 PM
  • 5 Replies

I interviewd last month and they knew I was pregnant and due in October before they offered me the job.

So I start the new job on August 29th, The supervisor just emailed me the tentative training schedule and everything, its pretty much mon- fri 8am-5pm until mid october. My problem is how should I bring up the issue of Doctors appts? I have an appt for an NST on Aug 31st 2 days after I start the job I have to be there at 1:45 of course I don't want to leave in the middle of the day on my third day of work but its the only time they could schedule it, plus I am going to have to do at least one NST (maybe 2) every week until Chelsey is born. SO do you think I should wait until my first day of work to bring it up? That seems like really short notice on it. Or should I email her back and ask about it, but what should I say? UGH! I haven't worked in over 4 years and don't really know what to do or how to bring up the subject of missing work before I even start the job. HELP!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:26 AM

here is a bump for you!  I responded in the other group  :)

Rach7
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:28 AM

I would email her about it and let her know. Maybe see if you can get something earlier for the NST.

msswisher08
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:32 AM
Here's a bump. I work in a factory and we are under a union so every doc appt I had gave me a half occurrence and we only get 12 in a calendar year. Also one day I left because I was having a Lot of pain and doc wanted to check me out I was only gone for a half hour and got a half occurrence. I'm finally off and think I have about 7 occurrences since I started in feb. So hopefully nothing happens from now until then that I need off. I would call and talk to them and hopefully they don't have a messed up system like mine. G/l
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HStarin
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:33 AM

They can't fire you over having OB appt, nor being pregnant.  I would e-mail her back and let her know what is going on (be nice obviously) tell her your sorry that it so soon after you will just be starting, but you don't have a choice.  Let her know you plan of action on how you are going to fit in all your training in the time provided. (I was a supervisor for 6 1/2 years! ) And make sure to let her know that you will provide doctors notes to verify that you actually had appt and NST's .  I hope I helped! =)

sunnymommy122
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:17 PM

I would let them know asap.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)