Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby was transverse today at ultrasound i am 34 weeks and 5 days :-(

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:11 PM
  • 6 Replies

he was head down at my ultrasound last week and now he is transverse i know he will be running out of room soon so what are the chances he will move back into the head down position btw i am having frequent ultrasounds because i am high risk

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Elyssa414
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:14 PM
My baby goes back and forth between head down and transverse. (I'm 36 weeks) my doctor told me not to worry. It's easy fr baby to get in position from transverse! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:17 PM
My baby is still flipping around almost every day. She is breech right now, I think. Lol, it's hard to tell sometimes. I am 35.5 weeks. I am not concerned about her not being head down yet. She has plenty of time. And a lot of babies flip to head down in labor. If she isn't head down when I reach 10cm I will simply deliver her breech (my midwife is not only trained to deliver breech babies but has experience doing it).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YzmaRocks
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:18 PM
Oh, and check out spinningbabies.com. I hear it's great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butlerro1013
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:24 PM

My baby is transverse, and always has been.  At least yours is head down!  I would say that the chances of her flipping back are pretty good!  I've heard some women say that their babies turned just a few days before their labor started!

lovemybug0992
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I wouldn't worry too much. The baby still has plenty of time to flip and doctors say that its easy for baby to go from transverse to birthing position or at least easier then going from breech to birthing position.

blessed_mommy11
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:45 PM

thanks ladies the makes me feel a little better about it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)