Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you take this?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:21 PM
  • 84 Replies
When I have my son in about a week or two, I'm thinking of telling people before they can touch/hold him they have to wash and sanitize there hands. My main reason is we are starting to go into flu season and the hospital I'm delivering in now makes you go thru e.r to get into the hospital since the main entrance is being redone. And the door you have to go thru is a handle door so someone sick could have touched it right before you. Everyone says this is very mean that I'm trying to tell them there dirty but I'm not it's just I don't want my newborn sick. What would u do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:21 PM

It's not mean.

JazzysWifey
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:22 PM
In our hospital they have a giant thing of hand sanitizer right on the wall inyour post delivery room!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:24 PM
I would absolutely ask everyone to sanitize!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Nicolas1229
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:24 PM
I think its very smart! I always have! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whimsyjuggalett
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:25 PM

It's not mean, anyway if a person has any respect for your baby or you, they would already wash their hands. I always wash my hands before handling someones new baby flu season or not. It's just common sense.

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:25 PM
I would ask people to do that even if you didn't have to use the er entrance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I think you are being very reasonable.  The fact of the matter is, we all have germs on us.  I know that at my hospital and the hospital my sister in law delievered at, both have signs up in the rooms encouraging people to wash hands or use the hand santizer before the holding the baby.  You can't risk the baby getting sick, especially since he/she is so young and vulnerable to infection.  You don't want your baby to get RSV or something else.  You need to do what's right for your baby.  If you don't advocate for him/her, who will?

xxMissThingxx
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I completely agree with you. I dont think that it is mean at all. You are protecting your baby. There is nothing wrong with that.

calebsmom08
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I did the same thing with my boys! People didn't mind though, they were the same way with their children!

TaeTaeLove
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:28 PM
That's actually a pretty common thing now a days...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)