Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DID NOT FIND OUT THE SEX OF YOUR BABY...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hello mommas!! I am currently TTC our 4th a final baby. With my previous 3, we found out the sex. This time, I don't want to. I want that special moment when he/she is born and someone says "it's a...."!!!! We honestly don't get too many real surprises in life:o)

Anyways, if you didn't find out....how did you resist during the ultrasound? Did you have a feeling one way or another? Was that feeling right? Did someone else find out (like your mom or so)? Did you buy gender nutural clothes???

Photobucket

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whimsyjuggalett
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:46 PM

I know with the one I am pregnant with now, but my last two were a complete surprise. I had 20 week u/s and the tech said she couldn't tell. I think she was just a bitch with my second baby. Those were the only u/s I have ever had. I had two babies that were surprises and it was a neat feeling not knowing till they came out.

goobersmom713
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:47 PM
Yea I didn't find out with both my boys and with my oldest we bought about of fellows greens etc and with my 2nd one I had all of ds1's clothes so we were set for onies and for outfits after he was born. With ds1 I was 17 and was pushed by my mom not to find out and ds2 I didn't want to find put because 1) I really don't trust the gender prediction ultrasound and 2) in my opinion you are already told your having a baby there's the surprise
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lfrrll5
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:50 PM

im not at my 20 week yet but we are planning the same to wait its our last too but number 7 for us

rennez
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:51 PM
I didn't find out, and had prob 20 ultrasounds. My doc had his own machine and did one every visit w/o charging. Personally I wasn't even tempted, nor was dh. We always wanted it to be a surprise during delivery. We bought gender neutral clothes and decorated the nursery gender neutral as well. We were having twins. I was sure baby a was a girl and b was a boy. I was right!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:54 PM

I didn't find out with  my first 2 daughters and I didn't find out with this pregnancy either.  I didn't have a desire with either of those pregnancies and I wasn't tempted.  My daughters are 8 and 11, so technology was different back then and it wasn't as common to find out.  I have known too many people who were told they were having one gender, bought everything for that gender and had the opposite.  I didn't want to take that chance.  Besides I really like the surprise at the end.  The cool thing for me with DD2, I was the first to notice she was a girl and got to announce it to everyone in the room.  I will say that with last weeks ultrasound, there was a bit of tempation, but I kept thinking about the end result of the big surprise.

munkiebaby
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:55 PM

with both DD1 and DD2 i found out but befor we did as soon as i knew i was preg and about 10 weeks i just had a feeling they were girls down in my gut.  what was the shocker was with DD1 i had a feeling she was gona be blond haired blue eyed and all be damed she was lol. DD2 i thought was gona be brown hair and blue eyes and she was to. but her hairs turning strawberry blond now as it comes in better. she lost most of it befor 2 months

MyahsMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:55 PM
I am not pregnant yet but ttc. We found out with both of our previous pregnancies and I really want to have a surprise this time but my husband is fighting me tooth and nail on it. It's driving me crazy!!!!! He is so adament and I am dying to not find out as this will probably be my last chance too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:38 PM
Well, I wasn't planning on getting any u/s, but since I had preterm labor I had to, and we just told them before hand that we did not want to know! The tech told us to look away when she was getting close to that area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Quoting Teresand3:

Hello mommas!! I am currently TTC our 4th a final baby. With my previous 3, we found out the sex. This time, I don't want to. I want that special moment when he/she is born and someone says "it's a...."!!!! We honestly don't get too many real surprises in life:o)

Anyways, if you didn't find out....how did you resist during the ultrasound? Never wanted one. With my first I had to at 10 weeks because of pains. Never had another one. With my second my Dr told me I had to have one or else she would drop me as a patient. It was easy, didn't want to know. With my third I never had one. I finally got want I wanted.

Did you have a feeling one way or another? I just knew what all mine was.

Was that feeling right? Yes it was every single time

Did someone else find out (like your mom or so)? Nope, again because it was early with my first. My second she asked and we said no and my last never had one.

Did you buy gender nutural clothes??? Yes we did with my first. My second and third we got a few outfits and they were gender nutural too. I also love blue so it was not hard at all.

Teresand3
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:36 PM

BUMP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)