Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Shower Question...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:57 PM
  • 10 Replies

I know the most common time to have a baby shower is 8 months or past 32 weeks.... but I was thinking something and want to know what you ladies think...

I am due with twins on Feb 24th... which is always a stretch to go full term for twins.... So they could be early. Also... the months right before they are born are the holidays.... SO... knowing holidays is financially stressful and financially stressful for people... i was thinking about having my shower right around thanksgiving (late november) time as to not be to close to xmas time. Also, being preggo with twins I think my belly would look about 8 months anyways so the games should still be playable...

Does this make sense? I just want to make sure I have time to prepare and get all the things not wonderfully gifted at the shower... and that may take a little longer with all the financials of xmas as well.... 

Opinions?

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LBAKER032307
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I think I'm going to have one a little bit early due to the holidays, new year, valentine's day all falling right at baby's edd.  I will be having this baby on February 13th...I will find out what I'm having around the first week of October...so I was thinking a Halloween baby shower ;)!

PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:03 PM

I think that would be fine.

lfrrll5
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:05 PM

great plan

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:06 PM

I think with twins you should totally do it early. High chance of bed rest or having them early.

srob206
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:10 PM

pfew... i was wondering if I was getting ahead of myself... but that makes me feel better.... thanks ladies!

lovemybug0992
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Im due New Years Eve and Im having mine at the end of october to avoid the rush of the holidays especially since in my family theres a lot of November birthdays.

NaniMami317
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:33 PM

i think it makes sense to and by then you'll still have time to let the twins develop enough to know their sexes

Nicki-boo
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 3:50 PM

My DD1 was due Febuary 20th and we had my shower the weekend after Thanksgiving, it worked out really well.

I've always heard that any time between 28 ans 32 weeks was standard anyway. (plus the other time we might have had it would have been in late January, and she ended up ariving early on January 29th!)

Have fun! Hope it goes great!!!!

wifeyladie
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:17 PM

I would definitely do it early. Personally, I've never understood the waiting til the end to have the shower. If you have the shower at the end, you run the chances of: complications putting mom on bedrest, baby coming early, mom not feeling like having a shower from fatigue, mom not being able to get everything set up in the nursery like she might want, mom feeling stress trying to decide what to buy and what not to buy, having to return things that are duplicates (and we all know lines aren't fun when you are that close), and having to rush to buy whatever you didn't get that you really need. I never really thought about it much other than "she looks uncomfortable over there; wish she could be at home resting" until I was pregnant with ds #1. My greataunt decided to throw me one but wanted to wait til like 3 weeks before I was due. My little man had different ideas though. As soon as my grandmother bought the carseat the day before the shower, I started feeling funny. That night I went into hard false labor but when I got to the hospital (grandma made me go) they found out he was in distress and ended up having him right at the time the shower was starting the next day. So not only was I feeling bad because he was in the NICU with problems, but I was sad that I missed my shower. Oh and then after getting discharged, I had to rush and buy the things that he really needed that no one gave.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:23 PM

I think it sounds good. I had my showers at 27 and 28 weeks with my first because weather wouldn't let us get anywhere closer to my due date.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)