Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Women who have had 34-35 weekers?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM
  • 12 Replies
What was your experience? Its looking I'll have him around that time due to a premature rupture of membranes... I need peace of mind and stories , please :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asheleyt
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Bump! I would like to know too. I just gave birth to a premmie 12 days ago at 35 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rennez
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:18 PM

I had 35wks 0days twins.  4lbs 13oz and 5lbs 1oz.  No NICU.  Born on a Saturday, we all went home that Thursday.  DS spent his time in the "special care" nursery b/c he wasn't regulating his body temp well.  He had a feeding tube for 1 day.  I couldn't complain.  Twins plus Pre-E and totally healthy babies.  Good luck mama!

Elyssa414
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM
My son was born at 35 weeks. He spent one week in the NICU and is now a happy healthy smart almost 5 year old! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:30 PM
Jackson was born at 34 weeks and is now 5.5 days old. He didn't have any issues with breathing (it's not uncommon for them to need some help). He was born weighing 4lbs 1oz. He was put on a Dextrose iv for about 5 days to help his body make insulin. He was fed through a tube that went down his throat for 2 days, and he was under phototherapy lights for 2.

He was also kept in an incubator to keep him warm. His total nicu stay was 23 days, mostly to learn how to eat and gain weight After the first week.

It's hard having a preemie, but they are amazing little miracles. If you have any other questions just ask.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
malexander2009
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:37 PM
I had my little man at 35 weeks he was 4 lbs. when he was born he stayed in the NICU for only a week he was under the lights for 2 days never used a feeding tube was in an incubator for a couple days just as a precaution. He didn't need help to breathe. He gained weight rapidly. At 8 months he is almost 14lbs. He was able to regulate his temps quite fast. Over all he was quite healthy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaralynnStewart
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:41 PM

I had pre E with both of my babies and was induced. My oldest daughter at 34 weeks she was 5lbs 13 oz and perfect. I had my second daughter at 35 weeks she was 6lbs exactly and was also perfect. No time in the NICU. They both came home when I did 3 days after birth. Good Luck!!!

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:44 PM
I had severe pre-e when Jackson was born btw. I kinda think it was caught too late (no ones fault) and that my placenta had stopped functioning before they found out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2b4evr
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:45 PM
I had my DS at 35 weeks, he was 5lbs 11oz and totally healthy! My placenta ruptured and I was induced! I had him on a Monday evening and went home Wednesday morning! He will be 6 months old in 2 weeks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NaniMami317
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM

I had my daughter at 35weeks after a bed redden high risk pregnancy. They put me on steroids once I was admitted in to the hospital. The steroids were used to, speed develop, for lack of words, her lungs. She was 6lbs 5oz 17in long. She was born on a saturday and we went home that Monday. She's now a happy, healthy 4y/o

azpreemiemom
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:59 AM

Mine was much earlier, but the babies that were in the NICU when my DD was that were born around them did very well and were out of the hospital within a week or two. I have also known some 35 weekers that didn't need any NICU care and went home with their moms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)