Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dang prenatals...

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:40 AM
  • 8 Replies
So up to now ive not taken my prenatals (im 18 weeks). I no there is no good excuse but dh and i broke up right before finding out. Then i worked morning till night. I keep getting told to remember them, keep trying to remind myself, and always forgot. I was just reading a post on prenatals and now i feel like a bad mommy. I dont mean to forget them, but hell i forget damn near everything else unless im tolf that second. With ds i took them more often but i had dh to remind me. Im so worried now that baby is going to be sick. Im taking one now before bed (heard its easyer for morning sickness). I know it wont make up for the lost time, but its better than nothing right? I just hope dh doesnt find out.
Sorry this was just on my mind n i have no one else to talk to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by Mandy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:08 AM

I really don't think they are too huge of a deal. Something that may help you is to keep them in a spot where you will see them every morning (or night if you prefer) I keep mine where I always get breakfast. You could put them next to your toothbrush. I even keep mine in a pill sorter so there is no guessing if I took them or not. 

Sorry to hear things have been so rough for you, I hope they get better!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:48 AM

I was very sick from taking my pre natals and my mid wife told me that I do not have to take them as they are just a supplement.  I have no health issues or any complications with this pregnancy, Thank God so check with your doctor and or mid wife first so that you make best decision for you and your baby.  You have to eat a balanced meal though if you deciude to not take them. 

Sorry about your break up  .. *HUGS*

by Amber on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:04 AM

I havent taken any this pregnancy (okay, maybe five) and havent had any issues except low iron. I fixed that with diet.

Women survived for thousands of years without prenatal vitamins. Baby will be fine!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:16 AM

I'm a little more forgetful this time around as well, but not too bad, i'll skip a day here & there. Just keep them in a place you know you'll come across daily :)

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:30 AM

i didnt find out i was pregnant till almost 3 months, and then it took another 2 weeks or so for me to get the prescription from my doc (she didnt write the prescription when she told me i was pregnant i had to schedual another apt to get them...she forgot)  so i think your ok! my baby is healthy! she is 4 weeks old. i had to take them at night because they made me sick, so i kept them and a bottle of water on my night stand so i rembered to take them.  i am very bad with taking pills!!

by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:11 AM

I girl that used to work as my son's PCA didn't find out she was preg until 16 weeks (so obviously no prenatals) and she had a very healthy 7lb girl :) I will mention she had horrible eating habits and a huge Mountain Dew addiction before finding out. Just try to remember them or keep them in a spot you see every day (bathroom/kitchen counter etc) I keep mine on my computer table which i right in front of the armchair that I sleep in, so I see them right away in the morning when I wake up. Usually have a bottle of water sitting here so I take it quick before I even go for the morning pee :)

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:15 AM

i took MAYBE 10 prenatals during my whole pregnancy ... they just made me sick.  my babies turned out perfect ... but im sorry to hear you're having to go thru so much right now!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:19 AM
Pills make me sick! I eat right!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)