Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Braxton Hicks vs real contractions UPDATE

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:39 AM
  • 5 Replies

Last night I had contractions for 6+ hours. Every 15-20 min. I had some back pain, stomach tightening, & some pelvic pressure. I drank 3 bottles of water trying to get them to stop. Finally I was so tired I fell asleep. So far no this morn. Not sure if I should call my dr since they stopped I have a appt on Tues.

Went to OB because of contractions. Dr said everything looks ok. They did a fetal fibronectin test to check if its preterm labor. I'll know the results hopefully tomorrow. But was told if contractions come back like last night to go to L&D to be monitered.

Briana~13yrs old / Kyle~2yrs old

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kittykattkate
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:42 AM
I would just cuz ur only 25 weeks better safe than sorry!
truealaskanmom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:55 AM

If they stopped I wouldn't worry for now keep an eye out and stay hydrated and get calcium/magnesium supplements 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I would call just to be on the safe side.   I get them like that time fromt ime and all is ok, but it never hurts to give  call.

Lenore0708
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:27 PM
bump for update
BabieBeat
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:35 PM
YAY ~ good advice from your OB/health care team!!! Don't ever hesitate to call and ask your doctor, midwife or health care team about any questions or concerns you may have. They are there to educate and inform you ~ that's their job!!! And  always ~ and trust your gut.

Big Hugs,
Connie  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)