Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm at '0' station but only 2 centimeters dilated. 8(

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:20 PM
  • 13 Replies

This baby feels like it could fall out of me!

Did anyone else have a baby sit so low? For how long?

My doctor was really surprised the baby was so low but my dilation hasn't changed. 8(

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cordistew
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Yes.  DS dropped and was sitting right at the opening for 2 weeks before I went into labor.  I never even progressed to a full 2 though... ended up having a CS :-(

mem82
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Oh no! I'm sorry. I guess I'm not really worried about a CS because this is number 4 for me. I have what my doctor likes to call a 'proven pelvis'. Anyway, my boys I kind of had the opposite thing happen, I was dilated to 3 1/2 for a month. 8^/

Quoting Cordistew:

Yes.  DS dropped and was sitting right at the opening for 2 weeks before I went into labor.  I never even progressed to a full 2 though... ended up having a CS :-(

CafeMom Tickers

saadamarie
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:37 PM
I was 2 cm and +3 last weeks and then 3 days ago I was 3cm and still +3 and then 12 hours later I was 10 cm and -2. I think your close especially if this is not your first! They don't drop till your labor starts usually.
Sarita33
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:40 PM
*Hugs* I know the feeling as I was stuck at 4cm for 3 weeks. Every false labor got me soo excited. And you would of thought labor would have been easier or quicker since I started at 4 and 100% effaced. Nope, longer and a thousand times more painful than my first! Hope you aren't too uncomfortable :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Thanks, this gives me hope! LOL I'm not usually so whiny, it's just that a can't move because of this girl's head! Why did I buy a house with so many stairs?!

Quoting saadamarie:

I was 2 cm and +3 last weeks and then 3 days ago I was 3cm and still +3 and then 12 hours later I was 10 cm and -2. I think your close especially if this is not your first! They don't drop till your labor starts usually.

CafeMom Tickers

mem82
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Oh no! I just told my husband that at least labor should go quickly because of how far down she was!

Quoting Sarita33:

*Hugs* I know the feeling as I was stuck at 4cm for 3 weeks. Every false labor got me soo excited. And you would of thought labor would have been easier or quicker since I started at 4 and 100% effaced. Nope, longer and a thousand times more painful than my first! Hope you aren't too uncomfortable :)

CafeMom Tickers

spazchicken
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Would swimming make the pressure go away for a little bit, or is it to late for swimming?

mem82
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:55 PM

We didn't put up our pool this year. 8( I think she's just too far down for any of that to help. It hurts to raise my legs at all, even just to get in the tub. Her head is rightthere. blah I hope she doesn't end up with a weird shaped head! HAHAHAHA

Avetay
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:57 PM
I was at 4cm and stage 0 for 10 days. I don't want to but your bubble but you could be stuck like that for hours or days. Good lick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:59 PM

With my first two boys I was the opposite dilation wise. I sat at a good three for weeeeeks! Sorry, mama. I was closed and posterior five days before Nicolai came though, it changes so fast!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)