Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oh my &$*%&**$ gosh!!!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hobo spider in my kids room!!! I am so scared right now!! I sprayed it and it started chasing me! I killed it with my husbands boot!! I was screaming! What if it bit my kids or me?? My apartment should do something! Picture is blurry! I didn't wanna get to close. It was brown! ( looks black in picture)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjimaging
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:26 PM
We have all kinds of spiders and different bugs in our house. They do spray if we ask (we are in an apartment).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:26 PM
Ewwwwww! Omg! I hate spiders! That is effing scary!
abeezy7
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM
Ugh...
mem82
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:28 PM

yuck!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:35 PM

You could set off bug bombs. That usually takes care of them pretty well for a while. My Mom's house had a BAD infestation a while back. I now am terrified of spiders thanks to that.

Hxexaxtxhxexr
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Holy crap.  That looks like a Brown Recluse and they are VERY poisonous!  From my understanding, they cause your flesh to rot where they bite you and they are really aggressive spiders.  You do NOT want to get bitten by one of those.  Grody..

spazchicken
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:40 PM

You can't tell that's a brown recluse from that pic, Hobo spiders have the same body type.

Quoting Hxexaxtxhxexr:

Holy crap.  That looks like a Brown Recluse and they are VERY poisonous!  From my understanding, they cause your flesh to rot where they bite you and they are really aggressive spiders.  You do NOT want to get bitten by one of those.  Grody..

JazzysWifey
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:43 PM
Gross. I wish you would warn us. I wouldn't have opened this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Oooh!!!! Gawd!!! That's awful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spazchicken
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Hobo spiders are not poisonous. They can be agressive though because they do not use webs so they just feel for movement.  We had so many in our front porch palm tree that when I sprayed the trunk, they all came out like cockroaches 0_o  We don't really have any this year though, just mainly black widows and tiny cellar spiders(which can kill hobo spiders)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)