Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a little nervous

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:59 PM
  • 14 Replies
Im due to have my 2nd child by csection oct 7th and as the date apporaches im getting more and more nervous. With my first i was induced and in labor for a little over 12 hours before i was taken back for a csection. By tht time i was so exhausted i dont really remember to much about how the whole process went i just remember them showing me my baby after he was out then i past out a little wile later and i was woken up in the recovery room, does anyone know how a planned csection usually goes and wht to expect? do the give u an epidural b4 or something else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:23 PM

I have never had a c-section before, so here is a bump.  I hope it all goes smoothly for you!

steffiecox
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:28 PM
Idk i passed out after i saw my baby too. I remember waking up in the recovery room freaking out. I don't remember why i was freaking out though...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HStarin
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Here is a BUMP for you! I have not had to have one yet.  Good luck mama

mem82
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:46 PM

I've never had one but most people say that the planned CS are much easier to deal with. They'll give you your pain meds right before you go in. It's all very calm and planned.

sunnymommy122
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:50 PM

I have had 2.  I went in labor with my first and had a c-section...with my 2nd it was scheduled.  I was almost 40 weeks when it was scheduled.  The during and after were polar opposites!  It was so much easier the 2nd time around.  I got a spinal block.  You will want to discuss meds with your doctor.  I thought everyone got a spinal block.  Maybe not, though.  I was awake the entire time.  My recovery with my first took a long time.  I was in a lot of pain and had ppd, too.  With my 2nd I felt really good right away and had to remind myself I just had major abdominal surgery and to take it easy, but I hardly needed any meds afterwards.  It was so different.  I have my 3rd c-section in January and hoping it goes just as smoothly as my 2nd.  This is my last. 

Good luck!  :)

stormie21
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:32 PM
with my first i already had an epidural so they used tht thanks for the info i will talk to my dr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arianaxangel23
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:11 PM
I have had 2 sections. One was an emergency. The second was planned and it was a breeze.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arianaxangel23
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:15 PM
Sorry hit enter too soon. With the planned it was at 37 weeks. I got a spinal, it pinched and burned for a second then your legs get woozy and heavy. I was aleays shaky since it was so cold and I was nervous. I rquested no sedation type meds so I was completely aware. After it I was taken back to my room for an hour of recovery.

Quoting arianaxangel23:

I have had 2 sections. One was an emergency. The second was planned and it was a breeze.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Good luck!

mommy-chute
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:30 PM

i am Glad u asked this, i have my second one planned on nov. 7th and i getting nervous too! its nice to read that a lot of them are more easier then the 1st:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)