Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you first see cardiac activity??

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

I go for an ultrasound on wed and I am hoping to get to see cardiac activity. I think I will be about 5 and half weeks then, and that my levels should be around 2000 by then. When did everyone first see cardiac activity?? Is it a good chance I will or not?? I am so nervous and really want this pregnancy to stick!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kelly617
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:12 PM

My doc said he could see it...but I couldn't...I had my first U/S at 8 weeks and all I could see was a little black jellybean with a gray dot in the middle

But when I had my 19 week U/S you could see EVERYTHING!!! You could acutally see the blood pumping in and out of his little heart it was amazing

I heard the HB for the first time at about 12 weeks

sunnymommy122
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:54 PM

5 1/2 weeks will probably be too early to see anything...  Just be prepared that it might look like an empty sac.  Might not, though.  My doctor does not do ultrasounds prior to 8 weeks for that reason.  I believe 7-8 weeks is when you can see the heartbeat on an ultrasound, though. 

mem82
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:01 PM

I saw mine between 7-8 weeks. At five weeks, you won't see it. 8) I'm sorry.

3lilqts
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:58 PM

I saw this babys heart beat at 6 weeks 5 days or something like that.

Nati123
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:59 PM
I just got my first ultrasound a few days ago. I'm 11 weeks and I heard the heart beat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mydarlingsofia
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:00 PM

I was 6 weeks 2 days when I had my first ultrasound and saw my daughter's heart beating.. so you might be able to see it

Lilypie Maternity tickers

lovemybug0992
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Im pretty sure its at about 7 - 8 weeks when you can first see heartbeat on u/s. I know 5 weeks is too early.

angevil53
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:34 PM

6w4d, i had a very early u/s where there nothing in there but a thickened lining. it all depends on baby bc everyone's levels are little different

lisakansas
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:37 PM

My first ultrasound was at 9 weeks, of El Blob but the one identifiable thing was a heartbeat. :)  I don't know if it's always visible at 5 weeks or not...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)