Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Mama..

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi, My name is Kelly. I'm going to be 22yrs old in October. This is my first pregnancy, it kinda hit me when I heard the heartbeat but I dont think it really hit me yet. I will be 14wks along on Monday. I think my biggest thing that bothers me is that I was overweight to begin with before I got pregnant, and the doctors dont want me to gain a lot of weight. They stated that they only want me to gain 10-15 pounds. My fear is that you gain what like 4 pounds every 4 months. I am pretty active I work and go to college. But I seem to be still putting on a lot of weight. I try to eat health but I slip everyonce and a while. WHAT SHOULD I DO??

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Welcome!!

As far as weight gain goes, I would just eat as healthy as possible and just try your best with regards to it. Sometimes we just can't control what the hormones and our bodies want to do.  I know every pregnancy I gain 50-60 lbs...I really wish it would be less, but it seems like no matter how I eat, I still gain.  Good luck! 

brazeemama11
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Thank you sooo much I greatly appreciate it.

NEWMAMA<3

mem82
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Welcome and Congrats!

I agree with Meam4444, just do the best you can. 8)

sgt.youngs.wife
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:22 PM

welcome and congrats hun!

lovemybug0992
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:26 PM

welcome and congrats! Just eat healthy, exercise and do your best to control weight gain. There are times where we cant control what our bodies and hormones want to do though so dont be mad at yourself if you go over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)