Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a little bummed

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:07 PM
  • 5 Replies
At my appointment yesterday, we figured out the placenta is in the front this time. I was a little worried when 2 visits in a row, we couldn't get the heart beat. Then when I mentioned it, we went in the ultrasound room and checked it out. Baby's kicking and moving around, and the placenta is in the front. It blocks the heart beat from the monitor. I always loved hearing it every time I went in. I'm not worried anymore, just bummed. On a good note, I'm going in on the 30th for an ultrasound so we might find out if we'll have another boy or a little girl :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LFriel
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:10 PM

My placenta is in the front too, but there have been no issues with hearing the heartbeat.  They did say it might cushion the baby's hits and kicks, so I don't feel them as often.  When I do feel him move, it typically is low or on the sides.

Good Luck!!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:53 PM

As baby gets bigger it should be easier. My babies were always hard to pick up on the heart monitor too.

Chelsea_rh
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:23 AM
aww im bummed today too. I had an appt and the drs office was sooo far behind schedule that i didnt even get an ultrasound. They just let me hear the heartbeat which is nice but i wanted to see my baby... They have to schedule one for me sometime next week. Sigh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 5:39 PM
Mine was on the front too, made feeling baby take longer. But no real issues!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Amber on Aug. 21, 2011 at 5:40 PM

You may be able to find it later on, when the uterus grows/stretches out. I had an anterior placenta with my son and we always found the hb easily- the only place we could get it though was right above my pubic bone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)