Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feels like i have broken ribs... in need of some serious relieve!!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:48 PM
  • 5 Replies

i will be 17 weeks sun and i woke up this morning in pain.. wenever i take a deep breathe my ribs hurt and now its too the point were i have to walk like im an old lady and i cant even lay down.. not on my back or sides so i dont know how im going to sleep tonight.. the doc told me its just from the uterus growing up to my belly button and its smashing all my organs together or whatever... well im in a lot of pain and i dont know wat to do... the doc told me that tylonal wont do anything so i have no idea... any help please!! she also put me on partal bedrest and cant lift anything over 20lbs... i just need relieve!!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Ooh, that sucks. Could you take a warm bath or go for a swim? That may help. The other thing you can do is get on your hands and knees and let your stomach hang low and loose. That may help get baby out of your ribs.

MommyKelleyX3
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Bump!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 9:48 PM

I would try a warm bath or shower.  I also found stretches helped relieve some of the pressure. 

kaismama1006
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 2:56 AM
I actually did break my ribs this pregnancy...well fractured, and I never had any kind of accident our anything, I was just in terrible pain and seriously felt like I was having a heart attack. Turns out pregnancy can cause spontaneous rib fractures. With the growing and expanding...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clasane90
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 9:59 AM
Sounds similar to my situation. I'm so petite and small framed that ii been havin rib pains that has been sooooo intense for bout 2 months now. When ii went to the doctors, ii found out her head was in my ribs and ii had cracked 2 ribs. so I'm in pain most of the day and its not much ii can do about it. It sucks, ii tried heatin pads, cold compresses, hot bath. Its hard for me to sit or lay in a comfortable posistion. Standing isn't too bad (at times). But ii hope things gets better for you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)