Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

morning sickness + work

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:16 PM
  • 9 Replies

So, I work FT 7AM-4PM and my morning sickness can get pretty bad. I found myself in the bathroom off and on for an hour yesterday morning puking or thinking I was going to. I keep crackers and water handy, but sometimes I just can't shake it. I know it wont completely go away, but is there anyway to ease it while I work?

BabyFruit Ticker

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mami323
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:23 PM

omg good luck !!! I was able to stay home in bed and IDK what would cure it , I would drink aloe vera juice and that would help just a lil

usnseabhoneyb
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Lolli pops 

Cookie.Kisses09
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:27 PM

i was able to stay home my first pregnancy :(

lol, it's sooooo difficult especially so early in the morning.

Quoting mami323:

omg good luck !!! I was able to stay home in bed and IDK what would cure it , I would drink aloe vera juice and that would help just a lil

BabyFruit Ticker

Cookie.Kisses09
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 9:33 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymary6507
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:41 AM

I am blessed in the sense that morning sickness does not make me get physically ill. But many times I come close and feel just awful. I made sure tummy was never empty, deep breathing would help when I felt my worst, and mints, oh also my sea bands :) Hope it gets better!

whimsyjuggalett
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Vitamin B6 is suppose to help, some people swear by Sea Bands (they didnt work for me thoough), I got a prescription of Zofran frommy doctor and that helped. I had really bad morning sickness, I suffered fromHyperemesis Gravidarum

Sheryllinn
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:04 AM

they say ginger. like real gingerale or ginger pops. i worked in the hospital and nursing homes when i was preggo w/ my 1st 2 so i understand the morning sickness + terrible smells equals disasters .

marinenonstop
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:06 AM
I know ur pain. Not the most flattering to see an emt puking next to a pulled over ambulance lol. Ginger snaps and suckers worked best for me but didn't make it go away. Bread helped more than crackers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebekahmuse
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:08 AM

I worked too through both of my pregnancies. Green apples help. If it's too bad, you can talk to your doctor about getting a prescription for Zofran. It's safe to take and really helps. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)