Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Labor signs?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok, so I'm 33 weeks and 3 days pregnant today. I have been having braxton hicks contractions constantly off and on since about 10pm last night. So almost 24 hours now. They come about every 5 to 10 minutes and last about a minute long. This morning I had back cramping as well as contractions. I don't want to go to the hospital yet because I plan on laboring at home as long as possible and don't want any drugs period. I want a natural birth. I sometimes get pressure during my contractions and was thinking maybe my baby was heading into position. Also, during some of the more intense contractions I feel out of breath and dizzy....I couldn't fall asleep untill about 2am last night because my stomach was becoming sore from the constant tightening. There is no pain during these contractions though which is why I believe they are just braxton hicks. Could this be labor?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kirstina
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:52 PM
I understand wanting to laboring at home for as long as possible but your baby would 7 weeks premature and the hospital will try to stop labor. You should go get checked,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:53 PM

this

Quoting kirstina:

I understand wanting to laboring at home for as long as possible but your baby would 7 weeks premature and the hospital will try to stop labor. You should go get checked,

pregnancy due date

stephwordelman1
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:54 PM

if they are like every 5-10 min I would also get checked out since your kinda still in early weeks before labor.

sassysuie
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:54 PM

True, thanks mommas. If they keep up than I'll go to the hospital.

barhea7
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:55 PM

I agree.. please go get checked!

Good luck

Quoting kirstina:

sweetktn
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:56 PM

I agree, it's too early for baby to come yet. Go in to make sure, you might just be dehydrated which can cause all sorts of weird things. If you are in labor they will stop it and give you instructions. :) GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)