Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Difference between boys and girls (pregnancy symptoms)

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 12:58 PM
  • 21 Replies

I always thought people who said you have different symptoms when pregnant with different genders were crazy but now I'm seriously starting to wonder.  I have one boy and one girl and am now pregnant with twins.  With my son I was very rarely nauseous, moody but never emotional, and just slightly tired.  Oh, I also had negative at home pregnancy tests my whole time being pregnant with my son.  With my daughter I was more nauseous, crazy emotional, and always tired.  Pregnancy test came out positive.  Now I am pregnant with twins (9 weeks) and my pregnancy is almost identicle to my son's, down to the negative at home pregnancy test.  I thought since it is twins I would have more symptoms?  Or is it two boys so it's the same as my son's pregnancy?  What are your thoughts?  What were your boy/girl pregnancies like?

by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 1:00 PM
I heard this too, also heard that girl pregnancies tend to be hard. I thought I was having a hard boy pregnancy with 6 months of sickness and back pain but it turned out to be a girl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alauck
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 1:12 PM

i have heard this too. with my 1st son i was never sick, ate whatever, no food aversions, not really tired, just felt pretty good. with this one i thought it was a girl, i had EXTREME nausea and vomiting, tired all the time, food aversion to meat (of any kind) until 6 months pregnant, no eggs, etc....i so thought it was a girl, nope another BOY! so i think every pregnancy is different.

YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 1:19 PM
With my boys I was extremely ill (hyperemesis gravidarum), had IVs and medication and was sick until they were born. I am now having a girl and only had normal morning sickness that eneded around week 14.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 1:21 PM

I am sorry I have never had boys. But all my girls were so different.

I have heard this but also have friends that did and they said all of there were different. There was no way of telling the difference.

wantajr
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 1:23 PM

With DD i got the flu at around 3 months if i remember correctly and from then on i was sick everyday to the point to where i had to miss work. I could not keep anything down, only soups and that was sometimes. I had really bad acne and gained a lot of weight fairly quickly. I got meds so i could continue with my day, but i would miss the pill that day and i was soo sick again. I am now a week shy of 5months preggo and we were told it might be another girl and with this pregnancy ive been sick once like i did with my 1st. My face looks great and believe it or not people cant tell i am pregnant yet :)...I am very tired though with this pregnancy and my back and "down there" started hurting a lot sooner than my 1st. I thought we were having a boy because of all those differences, but i guess it really doesnt matter after all. I am happy either way.

LuvMommysBabies
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 1:52 PM
with my son the pregnancy now 9 months pregnant with my daughter this pregnancy has been hard from the start.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittney28
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 1:54 PM
My son was soooo easy compared to this one and it's a girl...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lisakansas
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 3:45 PM

All three of my pregnancies were different, and clearly not because all three of my babies were a different gender, lol.  This last pregnancy was easiest, though, I suspect that's a lot more because it was my last pregnancy rather than because she is a girl. My first pregnancy was the worst, with my older son; my middle pregnancy was with a boy as well.

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I have two boys and the pregnancies couldn't be any more different!

With my first - I was nauseous all the time, my body hurt every day, I wanted to do NOTHING but lay around in bed and sleep. I had hemmoroids and hip pain like no other. The labor was two days long and only with an epidural did I survive it. :) He was born 8lbs 1.4 oz.

With my second - I LOVED BEING PREGNANT!! I had minimal nausea, minimal-ish heartburn. I felt great most of the time, with the exception of being fat and/or tired of course. I worked up to the very day I delivered. My water popped at around Midnight on Sunday and Noah was born (6lbs 1.2oz) just before midnight on Monday.

whimsyjuggalett
by on Aug. 22, 2011 at 3:57 PM

IDK, My first was a boy and I was soo very ill and nauseous and had the worst heartburn and extremely exhausted. My 2nd was a girl and the only symptom I had was heartburn. My 3rd was a girl, I had a tiny bit of nausea but always passed quick, I also had heartburn really bad, I was kinda tired often. Now I am expecting my 3rd girl, 4th pregnancy and I have been deathly ill like I was with my very first which was a boy and I have been super tired, in a lot of pain and bad heartburn.

I have a hard time believing the wives tales. And all the gender wives tales came to say I was expecting a boy this time around and its another girl. So they are wrong!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN