Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I need some help....could i be pregnant?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 12:56 AM
  • 14 Replies
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me to see if  i might be pregnant. i have been feeling some things and i am not sure if they are because i am pregnant. im a young girl who is confused. For about a week i had heartburn and my stomach felt a little wierd, then over the weekend i felt like i wanted to throw up but just couldnt. it lasted all day, and it started while i was sleeping. for about a week now my breast have been really sensative&& i missed my period this month. well im only 2 days late  but last month i got it for about 3 days instead of 5-6 and it was wayy lighter than usual. i took HPT and they come up negative. my aunt did that before and she was pregnant even though it said she wasnt because hers only shows in blood not urine. i dont kno what to do i need help. i am only 17 and dont know what to think of this. any advice or comments are helpful! thank you!Smile
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzygurl_81
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 3:01 AM
well dear looks like it is a possibility and i think that you should wait another week and if you dont get your period then take another test :)
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 11:07 AM
I agree, it sure sounds like a possiblity.  Take a week to wait and see then test again, if the symptoms continue please go see a doctor no matter what the test says.  You could just be stressed and these could all be PMS symptoms, but you could be pregnant too. 
MalachisMommy06
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 11:17 AM
WHEN I WAS PREGNANT WITH MY SON I FOUND OUT FEB.19,2006 AND COME TO FIND OUT I WAS ALMOST 3 MONTHS PREGNANT ... EVEN THO I ALWAYS KEPT TRACK OF PERIODS BECAUSE WE WERE TRYING FOR A BABY ... BUT I WAS HAVING LIGHT ONES AND NOT THINKING ANYTHING OF IT.. THEN FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT ... NOW I AM PREGNANT WITH BABY #2 .. I GOT PREGNANT WHEN MY SON WAS JUST 5 1/2 WKS OLD .. WHEN HE WAS ABOUT 8WKS I TOOK A HPT AND IT WAS NEGATIVE WAITED A WEEK AND WENT TO THE PREGNANCY SUPPORT CENTER TOOK ONE OF THEIR URINE TEST .. NEGATIVE .. WENT TO THE HOSPITAL (ER) BECAUSE I COULDNT KICK THE FEELING OF BEING SICK TO MY STOMACH ... AND THEIR TEST WAS ALSO NEGATIVE .. WELL WHEN MY SON WAS 10WKS OLD I HELD MY PEE ALL NIGHT .. AND THE NEXT MORNING (DEC.27,2006) I WENT TO WALMART WITH MY HUBBY BOUGHT A FIRST  RESPONSE (I SWEAR THATS WHAT YOU NEED THEY ARE THE BEST) .. I RAN TO LAY AWAY TO TAKE THE TEST SINCE I HAD HELD MY PEE ALL NIGHT .. AND I DIDNT EVEN HAVE TIME TO MOVE FROM "PEEING POSISTION" AND IT WAS POSISTIVE... SO WAIT A FEW MORE DAYS .. GET FIRST RESPONSE TEST ... AND TAKE THE TEST WITH FIRST MORNING PEE .. IT'S ALWAYS WORKED FOR ME!!

GOODLUCK HUN!
leighleigh07
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 12:46 PM
Thank you guys! im just so confused....and  i dont want to get happy and think i am if i am not then i will be dissapointed. its scary because me and my boyfriend of 2 years have been havin unprotected sex for about four months...if i am then i see it as a blessing, if i am not ill worry that somethings wrong or ill think its just not meant to be. but i keep having these cramps n my breast still hurt. ive always had my period normailly and never had cramps and my breast never hurt when i am on it.
liltymesmom
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 12:59 PM
You mentioned you are 17, are you in high school? The end of the year could cause all kinds of stress and anxiety so that could be why your periods are a little wacky right now (I remember going through something similar in h.s. near mid-term time and I too thought I was pregnant). It could also mean that you are pregnant. I agree with the previous person...First Response worked the best with me on all of my hptests. 
jdhshamoo
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 1:05 PM
i was three weeks late when i took two HPTs a couple days apart and they both came up negative so the next day i went to the health department just to make sure cuz i was so worried why i was soo late. and needless to say the test was positive! i about died. i was still actually surprised. lol. if you can just schedule a docs appt and have them test, those always seem to be better if you cant get a docs appt go to the health department and get a free test. good luck!
leighleigh07
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 1:14 PM
No i am no longer in high school. i graduated a year early. and i went through homeschooling to finish my senior year. there really isnt anything i am stressing about besides this pregnancy situation.
WeezySueWong
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 1:16 PM

Quoting leighleigh07:

Thank you guys! im just so confused....and  i dont want to get happy and think i am if i am not then i will be dissapointed. its scary because me and my boyfriend of 2 years have been havin unprotected sex for about four months...if i am then i see it as a blessing, if i am not ill worry that somethings wrong or ill think its just not meant to be. but i keep having these cramps n my breast still hurt. ive always had my period normailly and never had cramps and my breast never hurt when i am on it.
Don't think it's not meant to be, me and my husband have been married for 2 years and we had been trying since only 3 months of dating (got married at 6 months of dating) and we never could get pregnant but once and had a miscarriage and now I am 16 weeks pregnant with our first child :)
scb2007
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 1:25 PM
i also graduated early, and i got pregnant a few months later...lol... but if you are, congratulations! if you are in college, continue on with school-- i had my son on thursday and was back in class monday morning, my mom watched him since he was too young to go to day care... and now he has an amazing babysitter!! its much harder to stop and go back, and its also really hard being pregnant so young.... feel free to message me if you want to talk about anything
leighleigh07
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 2:25 PM
i havent taken a hpt since about almost a week and a half ago. could it be negative just because i didnt miss my period at the time? and should i take it again?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN