Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drama about visitors already...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:52 AM
  • 19 Replies
So my mom and dad have been seperated for a year now. My dad does not live with her anymore, we live with my mom.

So tonight she was talking to me about my dad visiting me at the hospital when our son is born. I told her she could stay there in the room while he visits or she can go in the waiting area until he's gone if she feels uncomfortable with being around him. She got all upset with me saying how he should have no rights to see his grandson since he cheated on her and some other things. I don't feel that their issues need to be brought into the hospital room and causing drama right after I have a baby.

I just don't know what to do because I don't want to take sides but I feel that my dad should be able to see his grandson. This whole thing is driving me crazy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calimommy1021
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:52 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calimommy1021
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:53 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaydence2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:55 AM
If your dad is a part of your life, he should see your child, regardless of how your mom feels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Amber on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:55 AM
Um. Your dad wronged her, NOT you or your baby. I say let him visit. You have to stay as neutral as possible so there isn't MORE conflict in the family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calimommy1021
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:58 AM
That's pretty much what I told her. My dad has not done anything to me so I want him there.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Um. Your dad wronged her, NOT you or your baby. I say let him visit. You have to stay as neutral as possible so there isn't MORE conflict in the family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calimommy1021
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:59 AM
That's how I feel too. I am not going to keep him from his grandchild because she doesn't want him there he has every right to see the baby.

Quoting Kaydence2010:

If your dad is a part of your life, he should see your child, regardless of how your mom feels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ncane
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:00 AM

Sorry to hear that. It's not fair on you that you have to shun your father out because he did wrong against your mom.No matter what he's your father. I hope your mom can understand hey.BUMP!

lizzie_8690
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:00 AM

i don't think the decision should be up to you. their problems are theirs and not yours i think its immature of your mom to ask you something like that. if she cant deal with that well that really is her problem and should not involve you in it. i really do understand your decision on this because i went through the same thing with my parent's and my answer to them was if you want to go visit me go if you don't feel comfortable being around each other well then its their problem. i was not gonna sit there and take sides as to who could come first or last. it was all up to them not me and i they were not happy with my decision well then o well not my problem KWIM?

DewInJanuary
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:02 AM
I agree with prior posters.. what happened with her && your papa has nothing to do with baby. If you want him there mom needs to deal with it.. or just step out of the room if she feels uncomfortable around him. He's the grandaddy! He should be allowed if you want him there! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calimommy1021
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:03 AM
I totally agree. I want them both to be there so they may need to pass each other in the hallway or something but I don't want drama to be caused.

Quoting lizzie_8690:

i don't think the decision should be up to you. their problems are theirs and not yours i think its immature of your mom to ask you something like that. if she cant deal with that well that really is her problem and should not involve you in it. i really do understand your decision on this because i went through the same thing with my parent's and my answer to them was if you want to go visit me go if you don't feel comfortable being around each other well then its their problem. i was not gonna sit there and take sides as to who could come first or last. it was all up to them not me and i they were not happy with my decision well then o well not my problem KWIM?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)