Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am I being too sensitive?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:27 AM
  • 7 Replies

so last night I decided to watch the buisness of being born and let me tell you ALOT of it hit home to me with both my DD and DS birth, and now this time around I want things DIFFERENTLY. I explained to dh what I was asking ( I thought it was reasonable nothing crazy ) and he goes " *sigh*" and I completely went off on him , I dunno I didnt like the response as if it wasnt important, I reminded him that 18 hrs of HARD labor with my DS and over an hr of pushing , it was awhile before I held my son and by then they had already given him formula with a bottle in the nusery and he refused to BF , the same with my DD.

this is what I have down for my birth plan

* would like my spouse to attend / camera without any crotch/nude shots of myself

*I would like to be able to move around and not be confined to the bed / eat lightly/ use birthing ball

* IV meds / NO EPIDURAL, NO pitocin UNLESS necessary

* DO NOT want VACCUM/ forceps assisted AT ALL, would prefer c-section over the above methods.

* would like to breastfeed right away, hold my baby skin to skin

* NO FORMULA to be given, breast milk only, would like to be able to pump to have extra milk available for my baby

* NO circumcision/ No pacifier

* I want my body to work its course WITHOUT unnecessary medical intervention, ONLY when needed.

* Only pain meds that WON'T affect my breast milk.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NookBoookMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:29 AM

forgot to add that once ds was born I had to wait 3 hours to get something to eat before I got dinner , and dh was complaining how TIRED he was and how hungry HE was and wanted to go home to get a nap and mcdonalds, the same with my DD , she was 14 hrs and after she was born I had to wait 4 hours before getting food and he complained as well that HE was tired. I told him last night , I AM, the one doing the work , you are holding a leg/foot so seriously be more supportive,

TaeTaeLove
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:35 AM
Your man is lucky. I woulda punched him in the face for complaining like that after I did all that hard work...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NookBoookMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Quoting TaeTaeLove:

Your man is lucky. I woulda punched him in the face for complaining like that after I did all that hard work...

hahaha, I told him seriously just smile and nod, what I am asking for it not out there and I dont like to be ignored b/c after this baby is born, I am getting my tubes tied BEFORE i leave the hospital, so I told him ontop of giving birth I will be having surgery which is a double whammy and it would be nice for him not to have a pissy attitude,

Rach7
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:39 AM

I don't think so. You should have it how you would like it.

C8Baxter
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:43 AM
I don't think a lot of guys think about the birthing so much. They think of the bare bones. Made baby. Woman carries baby. Baby is born and I'm dad. They all should be more invested in the entire process.

But to answer your ?, all pregnant women tend to be a bit too sensitive. I'd absolutely share why this is so important to you and that you'd hope he'd start listening to your needs and desires. :). I've found "going off" usually leads to "shutting down" and a complete avoidance of the topic. Good luck!

Btw, love the list for the most part! Good luck having the birth you dream of! The more you know, the better the chances! Read, read, read and know your rights!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kylansmommy09
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:47 AM

I think your birth-plan sounds great and a man CONNOT criticize unless hes pushing a baby out his penis

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:48 AM

im the same way i want my husband to care more about my pregnancy but he just doesnt. But i do have him take me to a majority of my dr appts just so i can make him apart  of it more even if its only me who realizes it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)