• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So this is my last day...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:52 AM
  • 16 Replies

So this is my last day in my 20's and also the last day of not knowing about this baby!  It is kinda weird to find out tomorrow on my birthday what this baby is going to be, but it is kinda nice to think I am starting a new decade learning about the next generation!  With that being said, I am totally nervous!!  I hate to say it but I really want a girl, I have my son and he is perfect, but this is probably my last child for medical reasons so I really want it to be a girl, and everyone keeps telling me they think it is a girl, including my husband.  I have just been trying so hard not to get my hopes set on one with the thought that if it is a boy I will be disappointed. Does that sound weird?  I don't want to feel disappointed, I know as long as the baby is healthy it really doesn't matter and I will be happy.  Maybe I am just being over emotional...what do you ladies think?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aphrodite7400
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:58 AM

i know its prefectly normal to wish for one gender over the other, most moms do it!

im sure you will love the baby regardless but its natural to be hopeful :)  GL hon and pls post and share with us when u know the gender!  :)  happy birthday!!  woooot

MommaSapphire
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:45 AM

BUMP!

mem82
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:51 AM

I agree! Good luck! hugs

Quoting aphrodite7400:

i know its prefectly normal to wish for one gender over the other, most moms do it!

im sure you will love the baby regardless but its natural to be hopeful :)  GL hon and pls post and share with us when u know the gender!  :)  happy birthday!!  woooot

3boysngirl
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:49 PM

pink dust ur way hun keep us updated and happy birthday:)

Devious103102
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:09 PM

I know what you mean. I want a boy SO bad (though I know I'll love a girl just as much) but I remember that, even though I KNEW DD3 was going to be a girl, sitting there crying when they told me during the u/s. I sat there and I cried then I called DH (he was deployed) and I said "I'm sorry I couldn't give you a son, it's another girl", he laughed and said "is she growing well? Does she have all her fingers and toes? Is there anything that's concerning or something that they're worried might happen to her? No? Then don't worry!"... which, of course, made me cry more, LOL!  I think that's another reason I don't wanna know what we're having. At this point, much as I'd love a boy, the gender isnt going to be the deciding factor on us continuing to try or not, we know we're done, so it doesn't matter =0)   GL hun! Sending you lots of pink dust =0)

kylansmommy09
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:21 PM

its understandable mommy!!!!! your not a bad mommy for wanting a girl! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!

graciemae3215
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:26 PM

i found out on my birthday too :) well, happy birthday and good luck at your appointment!

doopey
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:26 PM

I'll send you ALL of my PiNK baby dust. . . If you'll send me ALL of your BLUE baby dust :))  Fair trade?!?  I have 3 girls and this is my LAST baby and I'm really hoping to give my hubby his son.... well, and I want my mommy's boy :))

NookBoookMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:37 PM

***hugs*** age is nothing but a # :) you are only as old as you make yourself to be, nope, I was hoping NOT to have a girl, I have 1 girl and 1 boy, and to me my DD had horrible colic etc and my DS was like my angel baby and I was soooo happy that I was having a boy , lol, so I can relate in a way ,

sissy852
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:44 PM

happy birthday and i just knew that this baby i am having was a boy and it was.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)