Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have to throw a bachlorette party?!?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:22 AM
  • 19 Replies
I'm 6 weeks pregnant I'm tired and sick and passed out by 8pm lol and I have to throw my best friend a bachlorette party Friday. I really don't feel up to it but as the maid of honor I have to. Im obviously not going to drink or want to be around smoke or stay up late and have no idea where to have it! Then next weekend she's getting married on the beach a 9 hour drive!! Then she informed me since Im bringing my kids (duh you asked my daughter to be flower girl) that they don't want me staying in the beach house so now I have to pay another 300 for hotel! Ugh...opinions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeySlymm
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:36 AM
If she asked your daughter to be in it and now she doesn't want you staying in the beach house she should help you with room. I wouldn't pay 300 dollars for a room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starleet
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:37 AM

I wouldnt be going in that case..

McDonaldlnc
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:39 AM
Yeah on top of throwing her a shower a bachlorette party and using the gas money and everything to get to her wedding she should pay the hotel. It's to much money!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msswisher08
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:42 AM
I wouldn't be in the wedding! Bridezilla needs to back down and understand your preggers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
McDonaldlnc
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:45 AM
And I unfortunately already paid 200 dollars on the dress she picked out!

Quoting msswisher08:

I wouldn't be in the wedding! Bridezilla needs to back down and understand your preggers!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msswisher08
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Ugh that's how I was with my BFF and now we no longer talk it took me to relieze that if she don't care about my financial situation and that I was goin to be 9mths prego in her wedding that we were not as close as we thought. We still talk but mostly over fb now. If your friend is really wanting you prego to be in a smokey bar till whenever at night she has no kindness or caring about you or your child IMHO I'd make another person from the party do it or just throw something small at home for her if she has a prob with it tell her to f off!

Quoting McDonaldlnc:

And I unfortunately already paid 200 dollars on the dress she picked out!

Quoting msswisher08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ank_mom2be
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:04 AM

I know she's the bride and all, but it sounds like she's being very selfish and non-caring of her friends. Maybe she's normally a great person, but the wedding has her acting crazy. But based on this snippet, I wouldn't want to continue to be as good of friends anymore...

Bella8483
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:15 AM

I would do something low key for the bachelorette party, like dinner and maybe plan something afterwards for those who want to go out and you can just leave.  Or go to a spa and then have dinner. 

Also, she shouldnt ask you NOT to stay in the beach house. SHE "invited" your daughter!  What is she thinking?  I'd bring it up to her and mayb she will change her mind.

HStarin
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:18 AM

That is just plain rude not letting you stay in the beach house......she invited your daughter to be the flower girl, what the heck does she think?? That you can just ship her back home (9 hour drive?) .....she needs to help pay for hotel, if not all of it

Queen_Sheila
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:23 AM

It sounds like your friend is pretty selfish, she's only thinking of what she wants because she's the "bride" everything is about her. I wasn't like that when I got married, but my sister turned into bridezilla on her wedding day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)