Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

choosing babys gender?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM
  • 5 Replies
OK what is your take. I have read if you have sex on the day of ovulation you are more likely to have a boy...but if you have sex like a couple days before ovulation occurs it will be a girl. They say male sperm our stronger and faster and will reach the egg sooner but they will die a lot faster then what the female sperm wouldn die. So if you had sex but dont ovulate for a couple of days there might still be some living female sperm waiting but not any male. After having 2 girls I tested this theory and bought some ovulation tests...and took 2 a day so I would have a better chance of knowing when exactly ovulation would take place... Well I took one that morning it was negative, took one middle evening it was positive...so I waited about about 5 hrs the ex and I did the deed and after having 2 girls we had our boy.... So what do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Monkeychick
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:00 AM
I think thats really cool. i tried the whole pick a gender. i was wanting another girl and sex on the certain days and boom i had a boy. I love my son dont get me wrong but i do know that hopefully i will have a girl when i have my last child
laneylove
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:28 AM

I've heard that also. It might work for some. I would never want to change the gender of my child though on purpose. I really wanted a girl and i am thrilled to be having one but I would love a son just as much. 

MiCHELLEx
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM
I really wanted a girl for my first.. which I got.. now im trying to get pregnant with baby number two! Im praying it'll be a boy when I do.. I just had a MC recently and im totally convinced it was a boy :( I have trouble with the whole ovulation thing.. so I figure it'll happen when it happens.. I just keep praying!
Queen_Sheila
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:33 AM

It sounds like it works. I watched a news special about choosing the gender of your baby and they have scientific methods now, they put a special kind of dye in the sperm and the two genders come up different colors; some people argue that this is playing God, personally I think if you've got the time and money to spend on it go for it.

five_so_far
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM
I wouldnt go as far as the dye test.... The ex and I were TTC anyways.... So it was more in fun than anything... But it just so happened it prooved true.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)