Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much time will Daddy take off when Baby is born?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM
  • 67 Replies

Rob could only take a day off and the had to work 10 or so days before taking his two week vacation. 8(

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
My4Marvels
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM

My hubby will be taking off from the time when i go into labor and till we come home from hospital. He will take his vacation when i get my tubes tied. 6 weeks after birth.

Wife to Joey of 7 years (My Love)

Mom to Cazen (7), Cannon (5), Cutler (4), Creed (2) and soon to be....

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
To us family means putting your arms around each other and being there :)
Queen_Sheila
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM

I'm sorry mama, my husband had to work on our wedding day; he worked 5-11pm. He'll be taking at least a day or two off, but I'm not sure yet.

jessicachantel
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Yikes:( That has to be very hard!! my hubby will be taking two weeks vacation but the guy who will cover him is on vacation 3000 miles away so If I give birth early than I will be in the same boat and he will have to wait for the guy to come back to take his vacation. 

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM

not sure i dont expect him to take off except to be present at birth.

but he also has a good schedual where he works 2 days on 2 days off and every other fri sat and sun off.

Sharell8710
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:40 AM

If we plan it right...lol... then we should have her on a Wednesday which is DH's day off, then he can take Thursday off, and then his weekend off consists of Fri-Mon. So, maybe 6ish days off, which will work ok.

stork

CafeMom Tickers
2bkayleesmommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM
He's going to be taking off the time I go in for c-sec to the day I go home.. He works 5-1:30 so not too bad my sis will be with me 1 week after I get home from hosp. Cuz I have a 2yr old and I don't know how ill feel I was alone after I came home with my first but now I have a 2 year old a csec and a newborn this time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meredith122
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Me and my bf are full time college students and Im due in the first day of spring break so if everything goes well then we will both have a week off :)

Dragonmamas
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:45 AM
Nick had to use his one week vacation. They were being cheap a holes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2bRN007
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:46 AM

i think he might take a week off..

tnovak
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:46 AM

H ecan techinically take as much as he wants. We have saved so he can take 2 weeks off.  But he will probably return after 10 days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)