• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is just fantastic -vent

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM
  • 8 Replies

I just found a letter on my front door saying my water has been shut off due because we were late on the payment. DF got paid in the 12th and the bill needed to be paid by the 14th (today) or it would be shut off. But I swear DF paid the bill, I remember him asking me which bill was the one for this month. So unless it just slipped his mind I know he paid. And now he is at work so I have no way of asking him about it, I can't call him at work. The only way I would be able to get ahold of him is to ask my FIL to text my MIL to ask DF (MIL and DF work together) to call me when he gets the chance. And so here I am, sitting at home with two toddlers and no water. I am babysitting a friends son today because her usual babysitter was sick today, I don't mind babysitting him but now I have my own son on top of my friends son with no water whatsoever. That rules out a lot of lunch options for the boys. I could have made them ramen or something but now I have to search the cabinets and fridge to find something to make that doesn't require water. And we have to pay a $50 reconnect fee as well as the past due before the water can get turned back on. DF cannot make a payment after 4:45 and he gets off of work at 4:00 but usually doesn't make it home until almost 4:30 due to traffic and whatnot, so that leaves us with hardly any time to go pay the bill. But today he is going to be home even later because I asked him to stop by the store on his way home to get toilet paper and baby wipes, and he doesn't have a cell phone so its not like I can call him to tell him whats going on and to see if we'll be able to pay the bill today or if we'll need to wait until friday when he gets his other check. And if we have to wait until friday to get our water back on then thats going to be hell....

A friend gave me some baby clothes for the new baby that her son has outgrown, so I was sorting through them and decided that I should wash them and put them away, but then I remembered that I can't do any laundry because of the water being off. I am so angry right now and frusterated, especially since I can't get ahold of DF to see if he will be able to pay the bill after work. If I wait until he gets home to tell him then it will be to late and well have to wait until at least tomorrow or friday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Sharell8710
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Sorry to hear. Our electricity was recently shut off while we were out of town because of a mistake on their part, and so we lost all the food in the refrigerator!! I was devastated! Hope it works out for you and it gets figured out quickly.

mem82
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I'm sorry!

Rach7
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Sorry.

stacy2607
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:56 PM
I'm sorry mama..I hope you get it back on soon!!
CafeMom Tickers
tlc_sahm_kylynn
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:58 PM

wait they shut off your water after ONE day of not paying? if so that's pretty lame... here in WA they at least send you a notice to pay. And even then we get like 3 months notice.... it just gets added to the next bill and the next. 

sorry you have no water. I'd suggest getting a BIG pitcher if you have one and seeing if neighbor can fill it for you? that way you have water to drink at least. 

TMJ0104
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:00 PM

I'm sorry I hope it all works out quickly.

PrincessGemini
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:10 PM

No, they sent us a letter a few days ago and then DF got his check. I was able to get ahold of him and he said he thought we had until the 15th to pay, so he was going to go pay it today after work. He just hadn't had the chance to before. So he's gonna go down there after work and see if he can get it sorted out and get our water back on.

We use filtered water because the water in the town I live in isn't very good, it smells like sulfur, so we do keep a pitcher of filtered water in the fridge, but its not very big. It should last through the day at least. Maybe DF can pick up some bottled water on his way home as well, in case we aren't able to get the water back on right away.

Quoting tlc_sahm_kylynn:

wait they shut off your water after ONE day of not paying? if so that's pretty lame... here in WA they at least send you a notice to pay. And even then we get like 3 months notice.... it just gets added to the next bill and the next. 

sorry you have no water. I'd suggest getting a BIG pitcher if you have one and seeing if neighbor can fill it for you? that way you have water to drink at least. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
tlc_sahm_kylynn
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Quoting PrincessGemini:

No, they sent us a letter a few days ago and then DF got his check. I was able to get ahold of him and he said he thought we had until the 15th to pay, so he was going to go pay it today after work. He just hadn't had the chance to before. So he's gonna go down there after work and see if he can get it sorted out and get our water back on.

We use filtered water because the water in the town I live in isn't very good, it smells like sulfur, so we do keep a pitcher of filtered water in the fridge, but its not very big. It should last through the day at least. Maybe DF can pick up some bottled water on his way home as well, in case we aren't able to get the water back on right away.

Quoting tlc_sahm_kylynn:

okay. and good idea about bottled water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)