Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First married fight

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM
  • 6 Replies

My husband and I have been together for a little over a year, we've been married for almost two months, and last night we had our first married fight. I worked an 8 hour shift at Wally-World and when he came to pick me up he text me and said "Where are you?" I told him I was shopping because I thought he said he wanted to since we don't have much of anything at home, so he came into the store and I could tell he had an attitude.

I had told him that it turned out I was supposed to work on Monday, but I thought I had the day off, and I missed my shift; so he gave me a hard time about that, as if I didn't feel bad enough already. When we got home, I cooked him dinner, I made shake'n bake pork chops; I can't and won't eat pork, so I had leftovers. While it was cooking, I got on the computer to play my facebook game and I saw that he had spent a lot of my gold that I had been saving to buy another character when I had specifically told him not to! So I got mad, logged off, and went upstairs.

As I was heading upstairs he said in a sarcastic tone, "Sorry I ruined your night." I read for a while and went to sleep, he didn't come upstairs until 2 because he was playing a new XBox 360 game. It isn't about the game, it's about the lack of respect. Am I overreacting or was he being a total jerk? Don't get me wrong, I love him and he's a wonderful husband, but I think he owes me an apology

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Dragonbabies
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:23 PM

you should read the book, men are from mars and women are from venus, i loved that book and it helped us in many ways.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:05 PM

hugs

mem82
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Eh, it sounds like everyone was having a bad day. I would text him something like, "awww we had our first married fight. We should celebrate!" 8)

aphrodite7400
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:32 PM

i think uw er ebeing a hormonal pregnant woman!!  but thats ok--  but u guys should make up--  everyone has a bad day or is in a bad mood every now and then and i wouldnt let this silly fight cause a big deal--

-mrs.mamma-
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:51 PM
Just sounds like a silly fight to me..you were both probably irritable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Queen_Sheila
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 1:47 PM

He apologized the day after the fight. Yes, it was a stupid fight, but I was mad because he wasn't taking my feelings into consideration; that was the real problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)