Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having a rough time (vent)

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:22 PM
  • 13 Replies

I was due 2 days ago and I know, it is only an estimate and not an expiration date. But I am having the hardest time. I had a doctor talking induction at 37 weeks because of my GD. Luckily my own doctor has been pretty easy going about it but he said we will need to discuss it at my appointment tomorrow. Between the doctors and everyone I know bugging me, I feel like I must be weeks over due. 

I'm having NST's twice a week and have had an ultrasound this week and 3 weeks ago. These things are fine with me because I am higher risk and why not do these simple things to keep an eye on baby and keep the doctors off my back. I was having regular contractions from 32 weeks on and was already 2cm dilated. I still have a ton of BH contractions and some of the real thing, but have made no progress with dilation or effacement. I know, doesn't mean much, but still. I was so sure this baby would be early and now she is late. 

Yesterday's ultrasound showed that baby is posterior with her head off to the side and turned and very squished into the placenta. So I'm guessing the problem is she isn't engaging because of position. I've been doing everything I can to try to just get her to turn or even move her head but it isn't working. I had my membranes stripped last week and regular contractions after for a few hours as well as bleeding for a day or two and losing my plug since then.

It is so hard seeing all these posts about Mom's having their babies early, or being induced, early. I really do not want to be induced. I know the risks and on top of that I don't think I could handle the pitocin without an epi and I refuse to have an epi. I know I can refuse induction, but let's be honest, I can only refuse for so long before my doctors really get on me and I can stand it mentally. I also would try a Foley bulb induction before anything else. 

This is just all so stressful and I never thought I would be in this position!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
divamommao
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM

hugs momma.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:32 PM

awe hun im sorry. Hug. just hold in there she will come.

shellybacon
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:33 PM

I hope things progress for you! I know you must be uncomfortable. I hope she comes soon for you!

mharleyghal
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:37 PM

maybe you can get induced w/o needing the pitocin. i was induced for medical reasons and didnt need it at all. they used one dose of meds to rippen my cervix and i progressed beautifully. no pitocin. i opted for the epi though. idk.. stay positive and leave it in god's hands. 

LBAKER032307
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:55 PM

hugs 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

mem82
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM

What about a chiropractor? Maybe one can help baby line up right?

babygomez
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Quoting LBAKER032307:

hugs 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Amber on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:31 PM
Aaaaargh.. I had a big supportive response typed out and then the kiddo took off with my phonje and deleted it.

Short version:
I agree with the chiropractor suggestion. It's DEFINITELY worth it, even if it doesn't get things started. You don't know until you try, and a simple adjustment could ease a lot of aches.

Also: Inducing when baby is in a poor position is setting yourself up for failure. I know you know that. It just helps to be reminded sometimes.

So BIIIIIIIG hugs and lots of love to you. It won't last forever. I promise!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armybratmom612
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:36 PM

try hydrating really well. Since you are having occasional real contractions maybe hydrating really well will help a bit. I know its a long shot but anything is worth it if you arent for induction

Porcellin_face
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Its more common in second time plus moms for baby not to engage until the day of labor or even during labor. I agree with the chiropractor advice, also rock your hips around on a birthing/excersize ball. Walking and staying hydrated. When you start having BH's or small contractions, get up and walk! I really hope its not too much longer for you hun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)