Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new wife and mom for first time

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:51 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am a new wife. we got married Aug 13Th of 2011 and i am due DEC 9Th.

so much to tack in. in such a short amount of time . i worry that i will not be alb to handle the being a

new mom . i have my mother in law that live 6 blocks away and my mom live 20 mins away from me .

i know that they are bouth just a call away does not help that i am 28 weeks along and on bed rest.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sami_peanut11
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Congrats on your new chapters in your life. I am soon to be a new mom too ( 36 weeks). It can be alot to take on, but having your mom and MIL there will help out alot. I was feeling like you when at first, especially since I moved away from my hometown, where all my family and friends are to be with my hubby. We moved when I was 6 months pregnant, and they only people I have is hubby and his mom when she can. You will do great as a mom and wife! Keep positive and good luck :)

babygomez
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:13 PM
Congrats on your marriage, and your upcoming arrival!

Welcome to the group :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:14 PM
Congrats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilprincesses
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:18 PM
Congrats on both newly Married and Expecting!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimikylemama
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:58 PM

congrats on both

Dragonmamas
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Congratulations on both!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCHovey
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Im actually kind of jealous that you have so much help so close by. When I was pregnant with my son we had just moved to a new town that was 3 hrs from my MIL and 4 hrs from my mother. So Im jealous. I had no family in the town that I moved to. I got married in Oct of 2008 found out I was pregnant in Dec of 2008 so I was just married as well. It was hard with the pregnancy hormones and trying to live with someone other then my mom and dad for the first time (my husband and I didn't live together before we got married). I can assure you you are doing great, on bed rest and all! You will be a great mother and wife. It is hard but I know you can do it.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Congrats!

Mrs.Morgan
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:37 AM

These feelings are common, you will see you will be great these fears are normal and I sometimes have similar ones and this is my 3rd child. If you start feeling to nervous or scares talk to your doc about these feelings there are things they can do for you outside of medicine.

Bella8483
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Congratulations!  Im sure you will do fine!  Im sure your MIL and mother will both help you a lot.  I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow and Im not too nervous about having a newborn, but I also have a lot of help close by!  I intend to use it as much as I need, but of course I want to do most on my own :)  My boyfriend has a 9 yr old son who lives with us so it might get kind of hectic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)