Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

change of plans :/

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:45 PM
  • 12 Replies

so i had an appointment with my midwife today. i asked her about the birth center thats in the hospital about 5minutes away from me, and come to find out she doesn't have priveleges there. meaning, i can't have my baby there with her. so...she only does home births and birth center births. but she only goes to one birth center which is about a 45-50minute drive from my house. and while i really LOVE it, and want to go there, i dont have the $275 for the registration fee, and i would have to register by 38 weeks. and i'm 36weeks as of today. and you have to pay the fee at the time of registration. i dont have anyone to borrow the money from, or anyway to get enough for it. and i cant do a homebirth. so i'm basically going to have to change from my midwife to a doctor and go to the hospital thats close by. this late into it. ugh.  

i feel so damn stupid now. not only do i not get to have my baby where i want, she will be delivered by someone i'll hardly have time to get to know at all. thats just great. and now i'll have to hear the 'i told you so's' from my dad and grandma who have been against me having a midwife the whole time. wonderful.

i really hope these next 4 weeks go by really quick. i just want it all to be over and done with so i can just enjoy my baby girl.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JamieLyn822
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:46 PM

I hate to say this but you may have a hard time finding a doctor who will take you this late in pregnancy.

AylaKay
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:01 PM

BUMP!

JCHovey
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Quoting JamieLyn822:

I hate to say this but you may have a hard time finding a doctor who will take you this late in pregnancy.

I was about to say that as well! You are soo far into this pregnancy that you are almost full term. You are going to have one heck of a time finding a doctor that will take you on at this point! Good Luck Sweetie!!!

summerbear
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM
So sorry you are having to go through this. (hugs)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armybratmom612
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:32 PM

I am really praying you can find someone to take you on so late. I had to move a few months in advance from my husband so that I could get a dr to take me since I would have moved with hubby at 36 weeks and no one would take me. I would ask the midwife if she knows of a dr that will take you and if she can put in a word with that dr to take you so late in the game

jnttd
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Why can't you have a home birth? Can your SO get an advance on his/her paycheck for the registration fee??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM

I'm sorry hun! That really does suck. I hate how hard it is to find real options for birthing.

sunnymommy122
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:23 AM

I am sure you'll be fine.  I am sorry things didn't work out the way you planned, though.

AylaKay
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Quoting armybratmom612:

I am really praying you can find someone to take you on so late. I had to move a few months in advance from my husband so that I could get a dr to take me since I would have moved with hubby at 36 weeks and no one would take me. I would ask the midwife if she knows of a dr that will take you and if she can put in a word with that dr to take you so late in the game

my midwife said if i really wanted to go to the hospital that she would refer me to a doctor that she works with, so hopefully i'll be able to find someone will take me on this late! and i dont really want to, but i basically have to, so i'll have to be calling her sometime today and asking for a referral to a obgyn.

i cant do a homebirth because i live with my dad and no way would he let me do that...

i was seriously under the impression that she attented hospital births, because she's told us about registering there, taking a tour there, etc. and on her website, theres a section where people have posted about their experience with her, and about half of them had their babies at the hospital near me.   but i guess thats what i get for assuming things though, right?    even though its alot my fault for assuming, i really wish she would have told me she ONLY does home births AND at the one birthing center. she said she thought i knew that.

Mrs.Morgan
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Since your midwife does home births have you thought about that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)