Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ot but need help asap plz

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:02 PM
  • 25 Replies
On sunday my daughter complained of abdominal pain on her right side well 1 hosp said uti.and constipation..i took her in today cuz I been giving her her antibiotics and laxatives and she still complaining.. Well 2nd hosp says no uti just constipation.. But she has pooped yesterday and today and good size amounts..but she has been having a fever of 99-102.. She is pale,fatigued and not eatting..they say it aint a appendix cuz she can handle em pushing on her belly..but she is also the type of kid who laughs durning shots and ivs.. She laughed when fractured her leg(thx to sister) and her finger slammed in the door.. Idk what to do.. Any advice olz
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
summerbear
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:29 PM
They tried to say dd1 was constipated. It was her gall bladder that was messed up. Talk to her pediatrician or go to some one else for a second opinion stat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I would tell them that you demand an ultrasound on either her appendix or gallbladder. Both feel better when pushed on so I don't know why they are telling you it's not her appendix.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:39 PM

If you think it could be her appendix then demand they do an ultrasound. You know your child better than they do. Good luck!

mrs.white71809
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:45 PM
Well if she aint better in the am when she wakes up im taking her in and demanding a ct,ultrasound blood work idc.. I have ppl telling me its her appendix and have googled alot but I wanted other moms opinions on what u would do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Coasties_Girl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:48 PM

I would take her back ASAP and demand an ultrasound with a barium swallow study of her GI system. Only checking for rebound tenderness on a child is stupid!! Children tend to translate pain differently than adults! Do you have childrens hospital near you?

Coasties_Girl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Also I wouldnt wait until AM if she is still in a lot of pain. If it is her appendix and it ruptures it can make her entire body infected.

mrs.white71809
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:03 PM
she says it hurts still..i toom her earlier to a childrens hospital and all they did was a xray and said she waa constipated cuz she has a few areas of poop..but its her intestines so there would be..and it wasnt to bad..and I was gonna wait till am cuz dh is army has to be to work early and my mom and sis are going to a welcome ceremony sometime soon they are waiting for the time..i asked for a ct at the military hospital but they said no..so I gona make sure they do somwrhing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.white71809
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:11 PM
And when I say she says it still hurts she says she has owies on her side..she has been curling up ina ball.. Hasnt really ate in like almost 2days.. she says owie when walkin up and down our stairs.. Real pale.. Says she is gonna be sick.. And keeps falling asleep all day.. When I had problems with my gall bladder it was better when they pushed down but when they released it hurt..my daughter is a tough lil girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armybratmom612
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:26 PM

I would try a dr appt. The hospitals are only focused on fixing the immediate issues. I took my 3 year old in to the hospital after she fell off our couch backwards (3 ft down) on to hard wood floors because I knew something was wrong even though she wasnt acting any different. They wanted to just send my daughter home but i insisted on a cat scan turns out she had fractured her skull from top left side of her head down to below her left ear. Ended up being sent out in an ambulance 3 hours away to a better hospital where she had to stay a few days. I would trust your gut if you think something is wrong force them to look for something else. worst case they were right and you feel better because they did more tests

armybratmom612
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:30 PM

hun if she is curled up in a ball your husbands command will understand if he is a bit late in the morning. My husband is army and he always just called in told them something was seriously wrong with his child and he might be late. I really wouldnt wait that doesnt sound good at all and go back to the childrens hospital you will not manage to get a military hospital to do anything they dont want i had to throw the fit from hell to get them to do the cat scan on my daughter and threaten the dr

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)