Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

haven't felt any "fluttering" in a few days :(

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:13 PM
  • 17 Replies
Is that normal? I'm 18 weeks today and haven't felt fluttering in like 3 days I think :( and I dunno if that's normal.. Concerned mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kyliesmommy7
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:15 PM
Bump idk with kylie i felt kicks and movements at 16 weeks and they never really stoped
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeenSuperMom299
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Sometimes your baby gets lazy and wants a sleep day. My daughter was the same way but if it bothers u so bad you should call your doctor cause I want you to have that baby.!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Coasties_Girl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM

You wont feel consistant movements until around 28wks.And by consistant I mean movements you can count and time 10 in a hour. LDR and OB's wont even tell you to start doing kick counts until 28wks in most cases. I was 26wks and freaked out because my babies are very active and had been really quiet for 48 hours. My OB said not to worry about it and wouldnt even suggest me going into LDR until I was 28wks.

I have a home doppler just to put my mind at ease. Its a blessing!

My Miracle

Daniel Bruce

7/21/09

2bkayleesmommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:21 PM
I feel pressure and see my belly bigger on my right side sometimes and that's where I feel the bb but just haven't
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Porcellin_face
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Ya, it can be normal. And if you called your doc all they would say is dont worry or if you are overly worried come in to hear the heartbeat. But they wont be worried! At 18 weeks there could be lots of movement going on that you just dont feel!

2bkayleesmommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:26 PM
I have a dr apt monday but if I don't feel anything tmw ima call to go friday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bchic24
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:27 PM

When I was pregnant with Nicolai I started feeling him move around 16 weeks but then he stopped and I didn't feel him again for two weeks

Mindy88
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM

I think most doctors say its not a concern until 28 weeks + that sometimes you'll feel them and sometimes you wont before then. Hope everythings okay Mama! Its normal to worry :)

marie802
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:29 PM

yes its normal, but if your concerned I would try to make an appt asap.

at the end of my 17 weeks I felt kicks for two days! like 10 times in a row.. than all of a sudden it stopped, no flutters, no movement, no nothing.. I freaked myself out and was SO scared to go into the doctors appt yesterday at 20 weeks because I still hadn't felt anything, but they found the heartbeat right away and everythings fine. I just started feeling a little more flutters today.

I wouldn't worry about it too much especially since your 18 weeks. its normal to not feel movement up till like 24 weeks even.

marie802
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:30 PM

also, my sister told me that once I started feeling those kicks at the end of 17 weeks, that I would start feeling than everyday from then on.. so I freaked out once a week passed and still nothing at all.

try not to worry, i'm sure everything is fine. :] good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)