Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will name my baby what I want

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:13 PM
  • 46 Replies

So today I was texting my dad letting him know that I have a doctor appointment tomorrow and I will update him tomorrow after the appointment to let him know how it goes. So he said that was fine then we started talking about what we are naming our son. We are naming him Pierson Hunter and he said he would call him Hunter only because he likes that name better and he feels it should be Hunter Pierson. So I told him that his name will be Pierson Hunter and that's it. He said that he's still going to call him Hunter and there's nothing I can do about it and I should just deal with it. It just bugs me how I am getting so much grief about what we are naming him that it's just irritating. It's our child and we will name him what we want. At least it's not some weird name that sounds funky, it's an uncommon name and I like it.

Have any of you ever had to deal with people giving you crap about what you were naming your baby?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DandresMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:17 PM
Yup, my ds is black & white and were naming him D'Andre Jermaine an my step mom keeps trying to get me to change the name, but i like it and think its cute an so do other ppl except her.. an it pisses me off...
calimommy1021
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:19 PM

BUMP!

calimommy1021
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM

If it makes you feel better I think that name is cute! :)

Quoting DandresMommy:

Yup, my ds is black & white and were naming him D'Andre Jermaine an my step mom keeps trying to get me to change the name, but i like it and think its cute an so do other ppl except her.. an it pisses me off...

momma1013
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:22 PM
DD's name is Letessa Alynn and we call her Alynn. People always said Letessa was prettier and wanted to know why we were calling her a "boy" name. Our son will be named Felix, and it's getting some good reactions too, but it's DH's uncle and he picked that name for a boy right when I got pregnant. I like your DS's name!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-mrs.mamma-
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:22 PM
I think most of us get a little grief at some point :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armybratmom612
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:23 PM

i have and it always ended in me immediately hanging up since they had all been warned that if they give me crud about it I wasnt listening to it and would immediately hang up. After a few hang ups it stopped

-mrs.mamma-
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:24 PM
DH's Gma was suggesting names after we'd picked his out already..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeirdraG.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Oh yes. When I mentioned Celestyn to my family it was loved. But Df's mom said shed only call her Celest or literally "the baby"... Ugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
handsNOTfull
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:25 PM

oh yeah! my MIL said my daughter Haylee Rose sounds like a strippers name!! 

summerbear
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:27 PM
Everyone was bugging out that we were giving ds 2 middle names. They said Tristen James Tyler was weird and too long. Once he was born no one said a thing about Tristens' name and just wanted to hold him and talk to him and say how perfect he was! I like Pierson!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)