Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Migraines

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:32 PM
  • 8 Replies
Does anybody else have them?? Im 36w2d nd I have been having the strongest migraines. Tylenol doesn't help nd i dont know what to do about them. I wanna know if they're normal and what you do to ease yourself of the pain
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Larsbug
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:39 PM

I would talk to your OB, they can be normal but it can also be a sign that something in your blood is off

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Ive had them before when pregnant.  I usually take tylenol with caffeine.  Hope you feel better!

jlong1214
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:33 AM

They can also prescibe tylonal 3.  We had a plan since I've had migraines for years.  Another med they can give you is Fiorocet it is tylonal, caffine and barbituate.  

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:02 AM

I see a chiropractor. I had not had one in 8 years. Had my first one for a long time a few months ago. It was due to all the hormone imbalances going on.

blg5484
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:06 AM

I had them with DD thank GOD not this time tho. I had to get a shot at the ER from my OB it was so bad at one point with DD. He ended up giving me a script for  periactin (sp) to take every day to prevent it. I later found out they were being caused by a food allergy  that i developed while preggers and every time i ate chicken I got a severe headache. now I take benadryl if i get a migraine cuz i know i have been exposed to the allergen and the headache goes away with in 30 mins

Mrs.Morgan
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I had heat induced migraines in the beginnning and there wasn't much I could do I took so much tylenol and it really didn't help,. I hope you find something that will help.

paaepae
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:14 AM

i have had one since yesterday. it hurts like hell.  try caffeine :)

JaysMama2007
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:14 AM

I am 13wks but pregnant with twins- mine got so bad yesterday I had to leave work- they don't ever fully go away and tylenol barely touches them- I usually try to use safe pressure points to alleviate them or a tiny bit of chocolate ( for the caffeine- it has enough for me since I don't drink coffee or cafeinated soda).

Check with your doc to see if there is anything else you can do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)