Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey girls so i have a Hairy Question

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:50 PM
  • 9 Replies

SO this is my second baby and i am not a hair person at all i can go 4 months with out shaving my legs and you could never tell but DAM i looked down at my growing bump and it is coverd in hair i never had this prob with my son but i am thinking cuz my pregnacys are so clowes thats why i am so hairy but any way i was wondering if any off you mommys out their have hairy bumps and what you do? do you leave it? shave? or wax? cuz i am thinking of trying to wax or shave it

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:51 PM

If you wax or shave it, it will grow back thicker. I never had hair on my belly with my first but do have quite a bit this time. Just leave it alone and it should go away after you deliver.

Porcellin_face
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Don't shave!!! That will just make it worse and it probably wont go away after baby is born. I made that mistake with my first. I suggest waxing!

DigiScrapperMom
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:03 AM

I have a hairy lower belly when pregnant.  I plan to leave it until just before my c-section since the hospital  will probably shave it off like they did last time.  I'm not sure yet if I will wax or shave but I know I don't want a nurse to do it again.  She used an electric razor and then a regular one and the electric one hurt and scratched my skin all up.

LKRA
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:19 AM

The light hit my stomach just so yesterday, and I noticed a shitload of fine blonde hairs. lol Holy crap!

I'll just leave them alone. God only knows what will happen if I start removing belly hair.

Baby21677
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:23 AM
Don't shave it! It will grow back thicker. Maybe you can use some hair removal. But it's just your hormones. It will fall off after the baby is born. Lol
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:50 AM

i just leave it because it will go away once baby is here anyways. and if you do it now your always going to have to do it.

mylilprincesses
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:28 AM
I was the same way when I was pregnant with my oldest my belly became one big fur ball. lol yea don't shave it because it will grow back thicker. it will go away when you have the baby. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:43 AM
Don't remove it! I did that with ds1 and now I have a few thick, long black hairs on my belly that I have to pluck constantly!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunnymommy122
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Hm, never had a hairy bump...interesting. :)  I would not do anything, though, and see what happens after pregnancy is over.  If you wax it or shave it you will have to keep doing that beause the hair will grow back.  Maybe it will go away after pregnancy?  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)