Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you get contractions...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:08 PM
  • 7 Replies
do you get cramping without your tummy getting hard? If so, are you supposed to time those?

I have been cramping a lot today, some with contracting of the uterus, some just cramping. Im wondering if i should time those cramps and also the contractions or if i just time the contractions that tighten my uterus. Things seem to be getting closer together and quite uncomfortable.
 IAmPregnant Ticker
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
calimommy1021
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Sometimes I get period-like cramps and my belly does not get hard. But sometimes I get them and my belly does get hard. Sounds like your big day may be coming! I am 38 weks and 5 days and SOOO ready for this baby to be out already.

SuperMom2433
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:58 PM

BUMP!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Honestly, I would just ignore it until you can't anymore. At that point it will be clear what is what. Then you can start timing.

doulala
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Yah you could time them.
How long have you noticed this going on?
I didn't always have a hard belly, especially early on before I knew it was Time yet...

Also try drinking a lot of water and relaxing, eating, walking, sleeping~~  what ever makes you comfiest and distracted.

xxlilmomma09
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:36 AM
I wouldn't time the cramping as they aren't true, active labor contractions. Just your body warming up for when active labor does begin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:43 AM

I'm telling you, no matter WHAT i do, these cramps and contractions are there and won't go away, but they aren't strong enough for me to think anything is happening.  Had them all through the night last night, thus hardly any sleep, woke up this morning with them and still are having them.  But I can tell nothing is consisitant.  Any ideas of what else I could do to help ease them a little?  I tried walking, which seemed to make things worse, I tried a warm shower (we don't have a bath tub), I tried drinking tons of water, even ice water.  It's like I can't distract myself and I'm going nuts over here!  I really doubt it's "time" but I want to feel better.  These are making me feel crabby...

Mrs.Morgan
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Cramping is not contractions but they can be the starting point to let your body know they are coming drink lots of water and lay on your left side. Call the doc if they get unbearable. You can go through this for weeks until the "time" comes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)