• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Carriers

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:20 PM
  • 17 Replies
There are so many out there, MIL said not to go cheap when I'm picking one, but I feel like spending 80 dollars are a carrier is kinda a lot! What are some good ones, I will be bf so maybe one I can bf in? I don't want to spend too much but maybe I have too?? Advicee Ladies :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arianaxangel23
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:21 PM
Do not get the back pack carrier things. They spread babies hips and it could hurt them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truealaskanmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:23 PM

My suggestion is an ergo it is expensive but it is designed for the best healthy comfort and safety of the baby and the person carrying them it goes from front to back as well.  Stay away from crotch carriers like baby bjorns and snugglis they are bad for their hips and legs, moby's are good for low cost 

MommeeTo4
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:25 PM
Moby , sleepy wrap, boba, those ate great
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami323
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:26 PM
Bump cuz i need one too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daniellem89
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:27 PM
Great Thanks ladies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:29 PM
I use a ring sling for my kids because they are so versatile. Newborn to 35 lbs or so. I found a really really ugly one at a second hand shop but it had the sturdy rings I needed. I found an online tutorial for sewing my own and made a pretty one for 12 bucks! You can buy the rings for them at sling rings.com and make your own. They are very easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Porcellin_face
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:31 PM

I bought 2 when I was preg with my first. She hated them lol. So I just got used to 1 handing everything, will probably just do that again cause I do love wearing my baby!

samantha.7272
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:45 PM

When you do find one you want be sure to look on ebay for good prices! I used a moby with my first but I am going to try the K'Tan this time.. the moby was just too much fabric for me personally. You can youtube Moby vs K'tan and see what one you would prefer, they are basically the same, very versatile and easy to breastfeed in. (Well, I have not used the K'tan yet, but that is what I have heard about it)

armybratmom612
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:47 PM

I actually have had multiple and never end up using any of them. I will not be getting one this time around.

shellie830
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:47 PM
It also goes on your hip and you have to get an infant insert until they are about 4 months old :) it really is amazing and you can find them.on craigslist or ebay.

Quoting truealaskanmom:

My suggestion is an ergo it is expensive but it is designed for the best healthy comfort and safety of the baby and the person carrying them it goes from front to back as well.  Stay away from crotch carriers like baby bjorns and snugglis they are bad for their hips and legs, moby's are good for low cost 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)