Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husbands who miss the birth...how do you cope?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:22 PM
  • 14 Replies

has anyone had to deal with this? there is a good chance my husband will miss the birth and its stressing me out so much. I really want him there especially since this is our first boy.

BabyFetus Ticker

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Porcellin_face
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:25 PM

I've thought about this. My hubby leaves monday for a business trip on the other side of the country. He'll be gone for 7 weeks, i'll be 37 weeks when he gets home. I just keep "praying" she doesn't come early! I labor way too fast to get myself to the hospital!

babesprincess03
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:38 PM
My hubby has been deployed for our first and yeah he missed it but placing his son in his hands was so special his face was wow to me it was ok he didn't have a choice
Pandapanda
by Amber on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:52 PM
Bumppp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:56 AM
My hubby just missed our last birth (baby 7). We were both a little dissapionted, but I got to birth my baby alone and catch him (always something I thought about doing).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama2lilGarrett
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:08 AM
My husband missed our first born. It was sad but nothing I could do to change it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mychinababy
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:41 AM

He wasn't there for my first two. Doesn't bother me that much at all. I guess I don't really see it as such a big deal

Rach7
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:43 AM

I have not but here is a bump for you.

bchic24
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:44 AM

My husband missed the birth of our son because he was working under contract with a world tour. If I remember correctly he was off the coast of australia around the time I delivered our first and only child. He also missed the entire pregnancy. He copes by keeping himself busy and not thinking about. So basically he doesn't cope at all. He is just trying to look forward to us getting pregnant again soon since we're TTC so he can be there for all of it this time.

goobersmom713
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:48 AM
Haven't had to deal with this but here is a bump for ya. Hope everything works out for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:06 AM

my husband was luckily able to make it home ... my friend however, didnt have her hubby home.  they were deployed and he had to watch it via webcam =(  my hubby didn't watch of course but they shared a room together (the dad is his best friend) and he was just sitting there crying watching it .. my hubby felt so sorry for him :(  this was his first child, too ..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)