• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant, getting engage AND.....

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:33 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hey Everyone:

My name Jamie. I am 31 year-old and pregnant with my second child. My boyfriend and I plan on getting engage very soon. My oldest son is 4 year old from a previous marriage. My fiancee and I weren't preventing. In fact we were "somewhat" trying. We know we love each other, want to be with each other long  term so that potential of conceiving a child was not a big concern. I have a full time career and so does he. We have a decent 3 bedroom house in an upper class neighborhood.  We couldn't be anymore thrill with this pregnancy.

My fiancee and do not live together right now. Although we have every intention of living together soon (maybe next month or so). Meanwhile, I had a pre existence plan before we found out that we were pregnant--and that is for me to rent the extra room downstair since it's a pretty big house. It will help with the mortgage and bills.

I found a roomate who just recently moved in. She is a 28 year old single mom. She has her 18 month old daugther with her sometimes but not all the time. Meanwhile, she works at the restaurant that has THE SAME SCHEDULE as my fiancee. She gets home around mid night and so does he. He works late shift at some shipping and receiving company. I am a banker so I have banker house. 8-4. I see my fiancee only when he gets home at around 1:00 in the morning and before I leave work but he's asleep. This is our week schedule is like. See each other briefly when he comes home and briefly in the morning. The only time we have together is Sunday since he also works Saturday.

Meanwhile, him and my fairly attractive roomate will be coming home at the same time and will be going to work at the same time. What this means for me is.....whenever I am at work during the day, the two of them are at home. She is downstair in the basement and he is upstair with me. But the thought of them being alone in the house while I am at work for several hours scares me.

I expressed this concern with my fiancee. He hasn't met my female roomate yet but he assured me that no matter how attractive she is...he will never do me wrong like that. He told me to trust him and that he loves me. But the fear and concerns still haunts me. Tomorrow is the first day they will be here together during the day without me. PLEASE HELP. COuld this be just my pregnancy hormones messing with me?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
akeelah09
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:57 PM

BUMP!

frkalishh
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:02 AM
yeah you can trust him but do u know her. I always say dont keep a single woman around your man. but it also depends on the people. but its a legit concern
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCHovey
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Has he ever given you reason to not trust him? If the answer is no that just breath, its just your pregant and insecure. If he has given you a reason then by all means you should feel that way in not trusting him!

Pandapanda
by Amber on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:11 AM
I think it's a hormonal anxiety, honestly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pinaymom31
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Hey guys...I don't know her. I found her when I posted an add for a roomate. I checked her, called her reference and have gone to her work. She seemed nice. But I've only known here for a few days. A week the most. She already paid me and she already moved in.

As for my fiancee given me a reason not to trust. He hasn't. At least not to me directly. Although he has admitted to me that he had some indescretion in the past with his previous ex girlfriend. Meaning that during a semi-break up phase and on and off relationship, he has cheated. But this was when they were not completely together.

He also admitted to me that what he had with those exes that he dated in the past does not even come close to what him and I have--having a baby, getting married and he is completely in love with me and that I am THE ONE. The exes weren't therefore, his commitment and treatment towards me is not even comparable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)