Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40 WEEKS+5 DAYS PREG... GETTING ANXIOUS...... =-/

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:36 PM
  • 39 Replies

OMG!! Cant wait to have the baby!!!!!! My due date was Sept 11,ive been having some contractions every day and on my due date after getting up in the am after peeing got some pink spotting but that was it. It feels soo frustrating.....this is my 3rd child, first was induce at 41 weeks, second was a c-section because of the stuped DR at 39 weeks, and this baby will be a (VBAC)home delivery with a midwife.

I hope and wish can have the baby by thos weekend....... cant wait!!!! How far did you get in pregnancy without inducing???? heck no im not indiucing......

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:08 AM
I went to 40w2d with my first. The wait was awful, but once I went into labor it was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Hang in there! You can do this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiPolarMomto3
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:10 AM

With Hawk I went 41wks 3 days. My OB wouldn't let me go passed that. Most Dr's won't let you go past a  certain point because yes they may still baking, but it can actually become dangerous.

JasonsMom2007
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:11 AM
Not nearly as dangerous as an induction, especially fir a vbac.
My vbac daughter didn't come until 42 weeks 1 day. Hang in there and try to relax!

Quoting BiPolarMomto3:

With Hawk I went 41wks 3 days. My OB wouldn't let me go passed that. Most Dr's won't let you go past a  certain point because yes they may still baking, but it can actually become dangerous.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrschelley1219
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:12 AM
I went into labor on my own at 41weeks 5 days with my son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylittleboy2010
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:13 AM
I was 42 weeks. They told me they would have to induce me very soon if he didnt come. I had him on April 13Th 2010. No induction thank god!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiPolarMomto3
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Inductions are NOT that bad as long as they are done properly. And if you go past 42 weeks you risk complications because amniotic fluid levels begin to drop and in some cases can drop drastically.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

My vbac daughter didn't come until 42 weeks 1 day. Hang in there and try to relax!

Quoting BiPolarMomto3:

JasonsMom2007
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:16 AM
For a vbac they are extremely dangerous. Increases the risk of rupture big time

Quoting BiPolarMomto3:

Inductions are NOT that bad as long as they are done properly. And if you go past 42 weeks you risk complications because amniotic fluid levels begin to drop and in some cases can drop drastically.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting BiPolarMomto3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Amber on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:18 AM
Not always. Those can happen at 36 weeks, too. There are ways to check those things without evicting baby.

Quoting BiPolarMomto3:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Quoting BiPolarMomto3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanieB.
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:32 AM

I went 6 days past my due date with my 2nd...its sooo hard! I had people calling me everyday asking me if anything was happening.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:45 AM

I hear ya! I'm one day behind you and going crazy. My first was 4 days early so I thought no way would I be late with this one. I have GD and the doctors have been talking induction since 37 weeks. I am so against it, I mean if she were ready she would be here by now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)