Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I have the answer to my earlier post "Am I Pregnant" part 2

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 1:48 PM
  • 9 Replies
If you didn't read my last post, here is a little of what it said. I was having spotting of brown blood and my breast were sore.

Well, I took a hpt and it came back negative. My boyfriend isn't sure that it is right because I have never spotted like this before so he suggests that I take it again tomorrow morning so it would be the first urine of the day. I am thinking I should wait about a week. Anyone take a hpt that came back negative and ended up being pregnant? I am still spotting brown, but it is a little heavier today then it has been. Today will be day 7 of spotting. Oh and my boyfriend thinks my breast are a little bigger and my cervix feels very tight. I went to put in a light tampon and it felt like it wouldn't fit so I am just not going to wear one. Does the cervix get tighter when you are pregnant?
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Lsmom
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 1:53 PM
I dont know the answer to the cervix question....I do know all kinds of crazy stuff happens to the body when you are pregnant though!! haha.  I know lots of people who have gotten negative results, then waited a week or so, and sure enough, were pregnant.  But, I have also known those who spotted like that and thought for sure they were, and were not.  So guess you will have to wait and see!!  Let us know!! Good luck!!
B-townLisa
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 5:02 PM
I had 4 neg. before i tested positive. It was almost 2 weeks late. Good Luck!
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 5:04 PM
It is still possible you are pregnant, I would wait a week, and definetly use the first morning urine so it is more accurate.  Good luck!
mimi30513
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 5:49 PM

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ABOUT THE HPT I CAN GIVE YOU MY OWN EXPERIENCE. I TOOK 2 HPT ABOUT A WEEK APART & THEY WERE BOTH NEGATIVE. THE FOLLOWING WEEK I TOOK 1 MORE & IT WAS POSITIVE. I WASN'T BLEEDING THOUGH. I WOULD CALL YOUR DR OR THE HEALTH DEPT.

dakotasmommy_3
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 5:54 PM
well first of all if you think that yo u could possibly be pregnant and you are spotting then you need to go see a doctor right away....this could be a possible miscarriage and sometimes if it is they can stop it...i never had a negative result...but  i was at the doctor the day after i found out i was pregnant...
browneyes1166
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 6:50 PM

Thanks for your help ladies. I just called my boyfriend at work and told him the info you gave me and he said we will go to the doctor tomorrow. If I am pregnant and it is just a little too early to show up on a urine hpt, is it too early for it to show up on a blood test? I'm also scared that I could have something wrong with me. I have never heard of anyone having brown spotting for this long, but I don't know what this could possibly be a symptom of.

gacgbaker
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 7:08 PM

Quoting browneyes1166:

Thanks for your help ladies. I just called my boyfriend at work and told him the info you gave me and he said we will go to the doctor tomorrow. If I am pregnant and it is just a little too early to show up on a urine hpt, is it too early for it to show up on a blood test? I'm also scared that I could have something wrong with me. I have never heard of anyone having brown spotting for this long, but I don't know what this could possibly be a symptom of.

Brown spotting is good, and completly normal in the first trimester... ok not really good, but not a bad sign.  If the blood is pink and red, that is when you worry a little more about a miscarriage.  Brown means old blood, which means it isn't from a miscarriage... possibly implantation bleeding though.  The blood test will show up sooner then the urine test, but it is possible that even that will be negitive if it is too early... depends on your body and how far along you are... let us know!  Glad that you are getting to the doctor!
browneyes1166
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 1:27 PM
Ok so I started my period today so that answers the almost week long question. Being pregnant wasn't a planned thing, but yesterday when my boyfriend thought I was preggo he tried to hide his smiling. Now today when I told him I started my period he was trying to hide his frowns. It is kind of cute, I think he is wanting to have a baby. He is 27 and he told me once that he felt like he was going to be too old to play with his kids when he finally has them. I'm only 22 so I am not feeling like that. I think he wanting to talk to me about starting a family, but is afraid to tell me for fear of what I might think or say.

Thanks to all of you who helped me out these couple of days...That had never happened to me before so I was getting nervous and you really did help a little. I felt like I was going to be happy if I was pregnant because all of you seem so happy to be moms. It makes me a little jealous I have to say, but you never know I could be back soon telling you I am expecting considering I think my boyfriend and I both are a little sad today. Thanks again and all the best to you and your family.
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 3:11 PM

Quoting browneyes1166:

Ok so I started my period today so that answers the almost week long question. Being pregnant wasn't a planned thing, but yesterday when my boyfriend thought I was preggo he tried to hide his smiling. Now today when I told him I started my period he was trying to hide his frowns. It is kind of cute, I think he is wanting to have a baby. He is 27 and he told me once that he felt like he was going to be too old to play with his kids when he finally has them. I'm only 22 so I am not feeling like that. I think he wanting to talk to me about starting a family, but is afraid to tell me for fear of what I might think or say.

Thanks to all of you who helped me out these couple of days...That had never happened to me before so I was getting nervous and you really did help a little. I felt like I was going to be happy if I was pregnant because all of you seem so happy to be moms. It makes me a little jealous I have to say, but you never know I could be back soon telling you I am expecting considering I think my boyfriend and I both are a little sad today. Thanks again and all the best to you and your family.
It is so hard when you think you are pregnant and then you end up not being... you get all ready for that baby in your mind, even if it wasn't planned, and then it is a let down... I have been there, and am so sorry that you guys are there now!  Maybe this will bring up an oppertunity for you and your boyfriend to communicate a little more about having a family and things like that too... i wish you the best, and I hope to see you again!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)