Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone get pregnant while using Nuvaring? UPDATE #2

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 9:08 PM
  • 36 Replies

I got a positive pregnancy test this morning with first morning urine but a negative the other night and a negative later today. I have been on the nuvaring and I am wondering if anyone has gotten pregnant while using nuvaring? I had a blood test today but I am still waiting on results. Just passing the time while I find out if I am pregnant or not :)

Update: I took another at home test this morning and it was a faint positive. The doctor's office called back and told me to act as if I am pregnant and get another blood test in a week. This is so weird. The blood test is supposed to be the most accurate of the two. Weird!!

Update #2: I have taken two more at home pregnancy tests and they were both negative. I am wondering if I was pregnant but have lost the pregnancy and just not passed it yet. I am not really sure. The doctor's office said they would do another blood test Friday if my period hasn't showed up by then. All symptoms I was having have gone away.

by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygomez
by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 11:44 PM

I have not, but keep us updated! :)

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Not yet, but I am certain I ovulated this month while using the Nuvaring.

MissTacoBell
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 12:26 AM
I remember nuvaring.....not a fan. It felt like a plastic tampon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Really?? I can't even feel mine!

Quoting MissTacoBell:

MissTacoBell
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 12:34 AM
It slipped out once at work. Luckily it didn't go down my leg. It was really awkward though. How I kept it stuck between my legs while I ran to the bathroom I'll NEVER know.

Quoting mnt_2_b_mommy:

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 12:38 AM

yikes!! Now that you mention it, *TMI alert* I have felt it slip down kind of low after a bout of constipation. It does feel weird at that point!

Quoting MissTacoBell:

It slipped out once at work. Luckily it didn't go down my leg. It was really awkward though. How I kept it stuck between my legs while I ran to the bathroom I'll NEVER know.

Quoting mnt_2_b_mommy:

Quoting MissTacoBell:

blondie09
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 12:40 AM
I didn't get pregnant on it technically. With my second son I had a weird period and forgot when I took it out so I ended up not putting a new one bak in. I got pregnant while waiting for my next period. And with my daughter I got pregnant the 2nd month after going off the nuva ring.

GOOD LUCK :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rennez
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 12:41 AM
Bump for bc curiousity. Gl mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allie01
by on Oct. 7, 2011 at 7:37 AM

I will update when I can. I am waiting for 8:30am to call the doctors office :) Last cycle the Nuvaring did feel like it was really low but no matter what I did I couldn't get it to go any higher. I am wondering if that could have affected my ovulation. We will see!!

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Oct. 7, 2011 at 7:53 AM
Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured