Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QUESTION ABOUT DO'S AND DON'TS FOR TWO THINGS DURING PREGNANCY..

Posted by   + Show Post

I was curious if any of you mothers out there have went tanning while pregnant. I have heard many different stories on tanning and there is no where that states that it is harmful to the baby but it just states where it is not good for your skin then why would it be okay to do when pregnant. Have any of you mothers went tanning while pregnant and had a healthy baby afterwards or visa versa have had side effects of baby from tanning. Also one other question have any mothers ever taken zoloft 25 mg during pregnancy and had healthy children??? Thank you for taking your time to respond!!

by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 1:42 PM
Replies (11-13):
Reese11903
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 2:10 PM
I dont think its a good idea to go tanning while preggo because they tell you not to take a hot shower while pregnant and tanning beds get way hotter than a shower.
whimsyjuggalett
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 2:11 PM
I tanned but only up till my 8th month it got to hard for me to lay down in one and I couldn't afford the next level up.

motheram
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 2:29 PM
Zoloft is pregnancy category C which means "Animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks."  My drug book says that it is contraindicated in pregnant women under 20 weeks gestation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured