Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Serious lower back pain...

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 2:17 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hey everyone,

I am 37 weeks now with my 2nd child and I am having some extreme lower back pain over the past few days.  I never experienced it with my 1st born like this!  I'm having trouble sleeping, sitting in a comfortable position, and then standing after I have been sitting.  I went for a check up on Wednesday and they said I was 3-4 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced- but for those of you who already have kids, you know that doesn't always mean your baby boo is on the way any time soon!!  I've also been having Braxton Hicks contractions (I guess) which seem a little painful now and then - almost like a strong hunger pain, but all over - nothing consistent however. 

It's so funny because I don't really remember what the contractions felt like with my daughter other than the fact that they hurt like heck!!  :-)  I think I'm just paranoid that I'm going to go into labor any time now, so every little thing is making me think, "is it time?!?"  I had to be induced with my first at 41 weeks, so it's going to be different going into labor on my own this time (if I do).  Just wondering if any of this sounds like labor to any of you (or it's on the way), or do you think I'm just being paranoid?  :-)  Thanks so much everyone!!

by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ShaniAngel
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 2:20 PM
well, im a first time mom and only 31 weeks right now but i know from a lot of birthing shows and baby books that sometimes labor comes a lot faster with a second child, but don't worry too much i guess just make sure that your'e ready when the time comes and whenever you really feel like something isn't right go with your instincts
hlequire
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 2:30 PM
Yes you are right....thank you so much! 

tenpin_ter
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 2:51 PM
you might be having some back labor.  if it is still hurting, get like a tennis basll or something like that and have you s/o massage your back with it. thatshould help some.

[Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

kiersten elizabeth 8-12-00 declan michael 2-21-05 cavan joseph 2-12-07 edd 6-26-08

MrsLaher
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 2:54 PM
I would time the back pains as I also agree it could be back labor (like I had w/ my first).  Good luck!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

gabrielle_x
by on Nov. 17, 2007 at 2:56 PM
You should call your doctor and see what they think!

They'll know better than anyone if what you're feeling is labour pain.
And when you were 3-4 centimeters on wednesday..it's Saturday girl! You could be 6-8 lol

Just call your doctor.

pregnancy

Can't wait till Chastity's here!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured