Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Signs of labor...

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 8:20 AM
  • 1 Replies
This is my first baby and I am due Monday April 30th.  I have been feeling increasingly nauseous lately and had a good case of false labor 2 days ago (with painful contractions that occurred with no rhyme or reason).  I have had loose and increased bowel movements and increased discharge too.  What are some signs that some people had that labor was finally setting in?  Any tips on how to naturally speed it up? I am going stir crazy and want to meet my baby! 
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
riotgrrl
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:28 AM
Walking around and taking a shower or bath can help move contractions along and get things moving. Once you are really in labor, you'll know. The false labor pains do feel about the same as early labor pains. But true labor pains are very regular and increase in intensity as you go along. Even after having had two babies, it took me a couple hours to be really sure I was having real labor. It can be hard to tell in the beginning but when it's the real thing you'll know within a couple hours. Your OB or midwife has likely told you to call when contractions have been at about 5 minutes apart for a whole hour, that's the usual instructions. At that point you can be sure it's labor.

Don't worry, it won't be much longer now. Those last couple weeks and days seem to feel like they take as long as the first 8 months put together. But you're almost there!! Hang in there and let us know when baby comes!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured