Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

hair loss in early pregnancy?? help!

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 7:45 PM
  • 12 Replies
I am soo freaked oout right now. Before I even knew I was pregnant I started losing hair. My hair has thinned to half its thickness in about a month and it is persisting. This didn't happen with my last pregnancy I am 8 wks now and I don't know if this has happened too anyone or not. M mom says it is noormal for some women but it is really terrifying me. I am always worried about it because my hair gets everywhere. Literally. All over my clothes and m husbands and my pillow, my car seat, my couch... not to mention in the shoower I lose a handful. Its scaring me has this happened to anyone else? I really need someone to ease my mind and tell me if im not the only one and if it will go back to normal soon... my hubby even jokes and says "I love you just the same if yoou go bald we'll get yu a wig until it grows back" but sometimes it makes me so sad I sobb and freak out. I have to wear my hair up or it will get all over everything. Pleasse help!!! :((
by on Nov. 5, 2011 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Nov. 5, 2011 at 7:55 PM

it is normal mama, nothing you need to worry about... you can try mane and tail shampoo to thicken it up if you are really worried about it

abra
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 12:29 AM
The same thing happens to me. Are you taking prenatals? Those can help, sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2boysmommy.js
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 9:03 AM

normal, i loose a TON of hair the first 3 months, and then again the 3ish months after deliery....

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2011 at 10:58 AM
The avg person looses 100 hairs a day when not preg :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hillelbebop
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 1:38 PM
Thank yu guys! I just started my prenatals I am still a little upset about it but not as freaked out. Y'all rock
2bkayleesmommy
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 1:41 PM
I loose chunks of hair!! I'm 25w5d and still loosing it, and same it's alll oveR the place!!!! Happened w/bb#1 and this one and my hair is very very long 2" down my ass crack haha so it looks like even more hair!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kt674
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 4:15 PM
Mine's been falling out eveywhere too! I hope it's normal! Actually mine slowed down some after the first trimester but it's still falling out. I especially notice it in the shower.
Mommyaga1n
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg mine too .. Thats keeps me hopeful.. N optimistic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hillelbebop
by on Nov. 6, 2011 at 7:54 PM
II just wonder if my will just thin out or if it will make me ge bald patches oor something what do y'all think? Out of experience?
nikkipell31
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I know this post was from a while ago but I have the exact same question. I am 8 weeks pregnant and My hair is coming out in clumps!  Every time I shower and wash my hair, so much hair comes out I begin to cry.  I try to wash it every other day and air dry it to avoid further damage but that does not help one bit.  I counted it the other day just out of curiosity to see exactly how many hairs i have lost in one day.  I counted to 500 an stopped.  500!  I am so scared I am going to become bald sooner than later!!!  I had blood work done and everything came back normal so it has to be hormonal. I just want it to stop!  Did it stop for anyone else?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)