Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2nd hand or All New?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:07 AM
  • 7 Replies

Are you hitting up the second hand shops and shopping super thirfty for baby or are you going to buy all new? Or a combination? If I have a boy the majority of his stuff will be handy downs from his bro. If I have a girl I am going to hiting up goodwill, consignment shops, ebay, and asking friends for gently used items. what about you guys what are your plans? With my son we bought a lot of new and I really feel like we wasted a lot more money then we should have.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
crystalrbp
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:15 AM
If I have a girl my brother is going to give me his daughters clothes. If I have another boy I still have all his clothes so baby will have plenty of clothes either way. Now as far as cribs, or stroller. I will be looking into a used double stroller cause those get pretty expensive. But a crib I think my step sil has a crib she is going to give us. So we are pretty much set.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Avetay
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:16 AM
I do a bit of everything. Hand me downs, thrift stores and consignment shots, and new clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlecheifsmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:16 AM

both. with ds we got lots of clothes and i went to thrift shops and hit black friday sales and got great things for amazing prices.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:25 AM

We had mostly hand me downs with our first. I gave them back to the friend though when she had another girl. Almost everything I did buy was clearance for only a dollar or two or from value village (a thrift store). With this baby I was given everything that my friend had for her first baby, she had not gotten rid of anything. And another friend loaned me stuff. We only bought the going home outfit and some onesies.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:05 AM
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:06 AM

I see you are pregnant again!!!  CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! 

mem82
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:09 AM

This!

Quoting Avetay:

I do a bit of everything. Hand me downs, thrift stores and consignment shots, and new clothes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)